Subject: If you dont want stick the stickers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
put the stickers on card stock and hold them on with paper clips then you wont have to use your stickers and you can get max replay-ability. EVERYBODY WINS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat idea, though it doesn't fix the issue of some stickers not coming in enough quantities or allowing you to keep multiple characters (without recording which character has what so you can swap stickers around). But that's okay, I'll probably just make up some RPG-style character sheets to print as needed anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll just wait for somebody to make a file. I'm sure there will be many. "Problem" solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K2K df
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Have any of you seen the game Quest: A Time of Heroes (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/81542/quest-time-heroes)?

It uses character boards that can be written on with a whiteboard marker.

The game is not that good but that part of it actually made the OCD me very happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
Neat idea, though it doesn't fix the issue of some stickers not coming in enough quantities or allowing you to keep multiple characters (without recording which character has what so you can swap stickers around). But that's okay, I'll probably just make up some RPG-style character sheets to print as needed anyway

isn't there a relatively inexpensive pack of characters and stickers you can buy? infinite characters and infinite stickers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:

isn't there a relatively inexpensive pack of characters and stickers you can buy? infinite characters and infinite stickers

I don't believe the pricing has been released(?), but I still don't like the idea of needing to buy more packs just to keep playing. It's not an expansion, it's a "keep playing your game" pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brock
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
Klaxas wrote:

I don't believe the pricing has been released(?), but I still don't like the idea of needing to buy more packs just to keep playing. It's not an expansion, it's a "keep playing your game" pack.

CoolStuff has it at 10 pre-order IIRC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For every person who doesn't use the stickers, I'm going to double the amount of stickers I use. That will teach all of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Praxus wrote:
For every person who doesn't use the stickers, I'm going to double the amount of stickers I use. That will teach all of you!

Sounds sticky laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chapman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "stickers" area of the character sheet is almost exactly the same size -- within a few millimeters -- as a standard Post-It note.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Shadows of Kilforth - March 2019 Kickstarter
badge
Shadows of Kilforth - March 2019 Kickstarter
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulChapman wrote:
The "stickers" area of the character sheet is almost exactly the same size -- within a few millimeters -- as a standard Post-It note.

Go on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chapman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just put the PostIt over the area and write the upgrades you want into the slots. You can see the slots well enough through the PostIt.

Just sayin', if you really don't like stickering your games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game yet, but wouldn't a dry-erase marker work on the player card? Worst case you can laminate the player card and then use a dry-erase marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creed Buhallin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Stop this insanity! Your rational workarounds are not welcome here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Reznor
msg tools
mb
Just stick the damn sticker to your forehead and be done with it. Nice side-effect, no one will mess with you if they see you have +1 attack. Maybe your boss will finally give you your raise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
Klaxas wrote:

well I cant say for sure but if I remember it described correctly it was also an expansion with new characters an stickers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
Montag451 wrote:
Klaxas wrote:

well I cant say for sure but if I remember it described correctly it was also an expansion with new characters an stickers.

I thought I read alt art characters, not new characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
I don't have the game yet, but wouldn't a dry-erase marker work on the player card? Worst case you can laminate the player card and then use a dry-erase marker.

The card is already laminated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My plan is photocopies and printable sticker sheets. Should take at most 30 seconds of work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I do all the gaming, for none cardboard I prefer my NES, Switch or HTC Vive
badge
I am a HUGE craft beer fan and homebrewer (Mead, Cider, Beer and coffee roaster)
mbmbmbmbmb
Unique and different character development. If everyone choose the same upgrades it'd be boooooooooooring. I welcome these stickers and their quantity bring on more permanent stickers baby

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Brennick
United States
Lewiston
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Someone also suggested applying the stickers to card stock and cutting them out and then using Velcro so you can add/remove stickers as needed. I might give that a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning on seeing if I can put stickers on cardboard or notecard stock, then use a hobby knife to cut them out. Ta-dah, tokens.

Early on though, I think I'm just gonna keep a document on my tablet tracking Karma.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if magnets would work?

For Mage Wars I put my status board on an inexpensive magnet/dry erase board and use magentic push pins to track stats.

Perhaps the character card could be placed on the magnet board and the stickers placed on magnets?

Haven't taken a good look at the components yet so I'm not sure if it'll work. I do plan on picking this game up though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.