Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: An air unit and a ground unit occupy the same hex. That hex is attacked and the defender loses. The ground unit is eliminated. The attacking unit chooses not advance . . . is the air unit eliminated diaplaced, or not?

The rules use the term "enter" but the rules also state that the attacking unit's cost to attack the hex includes the movement portion.

I played it that the air unit is only displaced if the enemy unit's counter is actually placed in the air unit's hex (for any amount of time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my understanding, the air unit would only be displaced, not eliminated (assuming it has as place to displace to).

It would not be displaced if you did not enter the hex.

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill is correct. The air unit is displaced only if the hex is moved into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
svasta wrote:
Bill is correct. The air unit is displaced only if the hex is moved into.

Thanks to both of you! Here is a modest GG tip. Also, yes, I will correct my entry to say "displaced" which is what I meant.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.