Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the internet, google, and this site have pretty much removed the possibility of discovering new games. That said, I will be in France for three weeks, and was wondering if there are any French games that are fun/good/cool that haven't taken off yet in English-speaking countries, but that may have rules translations here. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may try Taggle and Taggle d'amour or Troquons (this one is not in BGG database) if you speak french.

I don't know of any other game only available in France but I'm sure there are. Maybe you should try to contact some french publishers ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
off the dead (2011, still not released in english)
korrigans (2014, soon to be released in french)
And plenty others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ivy colin
France
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- Magic Cooking !
- Chicago Stock Exchange
They have English translations

blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Also:
- Minivilles (machi koro) (freshly released here) that has not been released in english yet I think.
- the beautiful re-edition of Rome & Carthage that is multi-lingual, but maybe not so easy to find outside Europe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
France
Annecy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where in France will you be? I don't know if you remember, but I traded you Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear in a math trade last year (if I remember right, I left it on a porch in Sandy--I hope you got it ). I was living in SLC at the time, but have since moved to Annecy. If you're going to be in this area at all, let me know and we can meet up for some food and/or games. I can also show you the game stores in town if you'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Time Masters, I'm not sure if it's available outside europe yet

Edit: oh and yes, you shoul tell us where you will be (at least approximativly) so we can drive you to the gaming clubs or stores
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dashiell Pinar
France
Barnave
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steam Torpedo: First Contact is a really really good and beautiful little tactical game with huge replayability
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dakendi wrote:
Where in France will you be? I don't know if you remember, but I traded you Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear in a math trade last year (if I remember right, I left it on a porch in Sandy--I hope you got it :) ). I was living in SLC at the time, but have since moved to Annecy. If you're going to be in this area at all, let me know and we can meet up for some food and/or games. I can also show you the game stores in town if you'd like.

Hi!

We will be in paris until the 27th, then Edinburgh and Amsterdam, followed by Nice and Lyon. It looks like there is a shop in paris by Notre dame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the shop is here: http://goo.gl/maps/04XWe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Anne
France
Chelles
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
At Lyon, you can go to the club "Moi je m'en fou, je triche" with is maybe one of the most known. It has a very good reputation. Here is the website with opened days : http://www.debitdejeux.fr/agenda/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Smielewski
msg tools
We recommend " Life Manager". Business strategy game for 2-8 players. Will be available in Essen this year. Translated in French, English & German.:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We ended up going to Trollune, in Lyon, and it was a very good store with a number of games I hadn't seen before. I only ended up buying a copy of the latest version of Savage Worlds (an RPG) which is only ten USD, but we are enjoying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.