Hide
15 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [Deck] Custom Biotics Grid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Gonzaga
msg tools
So I've been wanting to try out Midway Station Grid for a while now, but I also didn't want to gut my influence in the process. That's when I remembered C&C actually had other identities!

HB: Custom Station Biotics (49 cards)

Custom Biotics: Engineered for Success

Agenda (12)
3 Accelerated Beta Test
2 Domestic Sleepers
1 Efficiency Committee
3 NAPD Contract
3 Project Vitruvius

Asset (5)
3 Adonis Campaign
2 Jackson Howard ••

Upgrade (3)
3 Midway Station Grid ••••• ••••• ••

Operation (8)
2 Biotic Labor
3 Green Level Clearance
3 Hedge Fund

Barrier (7)
3 Eli 1.0
1 Heimdall 1.0
3 NEXT Silver

Code Gate (7)
3 NEXT Bronze
2 Tollbooth ••••
2 Viktor 2.0

Sentry (7)
2 Archer ••••
3 Ichi 1.0
2 Rototurret

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com/

I've played this deck in very few games, but it has had some success. Success being Midway Station Grid is sufficiently taxing enough that runners don't ever want to run it's central (as long as it activates whenever I think it activates).
It's less successful in that I have yet to win with it.

All composition suggestions, playstyle critiques, or compliments are welcome! And if you're having a bad day or something, I'll listen to those, too. It's the least I could do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. This is a good non-scorchy way to do Custom Biotics. Very taxing.

Off the top of my head, Mother Goddess is almost an auto include with a the Next Ice and taxing. Also, why not 3x Biotics?

Edit: Note that Midway won't work if they are clicking through bioroids/using E3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzaga
msg tools
Thank you

I definitely did consider Mother Goddess, and only just now got a good look at it. Rez 4 strength 4? Yes Please.
I myself did not notice I only had 2 Biotics. But it's probably for the better, since I hardly ever have enough credits to rez all my ice and Labor out an agenda.

I usually try to have enough bioroids so that clicking ends the run anyway (ichi -> eli is my all-time favorite server), but e3 will definitely be a problem...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob B
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NEXT Silver seems like it would be a beast in combination with Midway Station Grid - So long as the runner didn't have Anarch tricks like Morningstar or Parasite up their sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hopkins
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is an awesome idea, just disappointed I didn't think of it first

Some thoughts...

I think one of the best taxing cards is actually Ash. If the runner wants to see any other cards in the server, they will usually have to pay 3 to trash him then pay to get into the server again. Combined with Midway Grid in a server... well, I can only imagine your opponents face.

Hive seems like it would fit in really well as well, when first rezzed it's *11* if you've protected it with Midway to break with a Corroder. 2 inf, so could maybe be used as a straight swap with Archer (though Archer seems like a good fit too; is that why you've included domestic sleepers?).

That said... I've got a feeling you're a *little* high on ICE. I realise you're running ABT, but I think you could bring it down to maybe 15 - 18 and bring in some of the above cards to keep the tax up on the runner.

In a taxing deck, I also think Asset Economy works well... if your taxing servers are doing their jobs, you opponent won't have the cash to kill them (or if they're killing your econ, they won't be able to afford to hack servers...). In faction, you also have 2 of the best bits of asset econ, Adonis and Eve. Maybe chuck in a couple of Eves? They can also be used, especially Adonis, to bait servers and tempt the runner into wasting money. Both of these, of course, also work amazingly well as Siphon defense.

Good luck! If Upstalk is delayed any more I would be tempted to give something similar to this a go myself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think dropping some of the bioroids for some neutral ice might be better. Cards like enigma are pretty good with Midway station, as even with Yog, it would cost them 2 credits to break both.

I also think dropping 2 ice might be a good idea, I would put in some Blue Level Clearance instead of a couple of ice, gives you similar access to the cards you want and a bit of extra cash.

Squeezing ash in would be great, I personally would drop sleepers for 2 ash, and replace archer, but if you want to keep archer, you really need some poor agendas to sacrafice to it.

I tried something like this with biroids, but you really need to be able to make them not break with clicks, to force the tax from midway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J F
msg tools
Hey, could we get some details on why/how you've been losing with the deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzaga
msg tools
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! So far I've got

-3 NEXT Bronze
-2 Rototurret
-2 Archer
-2 Domestic Sleepers
-1 Green Level
+2 Mother Goddess
+2 Enigma
+2 Blue Level
+2 Eve Campaign
+2 GRNDL Refinery

NEXT Bronze wasn't quite as taxing as I was hoping it would be, and with Mother Goddess effectively becoming NEXT anyway, I couldn't justify keeping all 3. Domestic Sleepers and Archer were basically a package deal, but removing both gives me a lot more flexibility in ICEing up servers and scoring agendas (though I really like Archer, being a Weyland player originally). Enigma because code gates are cool, but now I'm really rethinking my Rototurret exclusion. Eve and Blue Level for the above reasons, and I threw in GRNDL Refinery because it acts as money and an agenda-lookalike. I'll probably take them out for Ash, though, which will also clear up some influence for Hive.

Looking at it again, I realize that's quite a bit of money. Ah, well. Suggestions welcome!

MalzanFaren wrote:
Hey, could we get some details on why/how you've been losing with the deck?

I've actually had a hard time finding money to do things (which is sort of the reason behind all the new money-generation). I found it was difficult to score agendas while rezzing my ICE and Midway.

Quick Edit because, to be fair, I went up against a Chaos Theory who splashed 3 account siphons and a Noise who managed to trash my cheap ICE while installing some very well-timed Lamprey's. So maybe I've underestimated it a little bit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J F
msg tools
I'd replace the GRNDL refineries. It's only 2 to trash and if they do trash it you lose any potential investment. If they don't your gain isn't exactly astounding, +2 credits per advancement minus the click used to trash it. It's your choice at the end of the day, but I reckon you'd be better off with eve campaign. Yeah it'll leave you in the red a few turns, but it's 5 to trash so it contributes towards winning the economic war, which you'll need to do much with Ash if you ultimately include it.

I'd consider replacing a couple of your green/blue level clearance with successful demonstration. If you're short on money getting through your deck faster is potentially a little counter productive unless your ruthless in your willingness to discard cards. Successful demo is pure economy, while blue/green level clearance are acceleration.

Really weird idea, have you considered packing a couple more bioroids and strongbox? Midway encourages breaking bioroids with clicks, while a single strongbox is suddenly putting them in a catch 22 if you have a single unrezzed upgrade with your agenda. Not sure how well that'd work (probably badly).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If they don't your gain isn't exactly astounding, +2 credits per advancement minus the click used to trash it.

This analysis confused me until I realized you were considering the opportunity cost of advancing versus clicking for credits. However, I challenge your assertion of 'not exactly astounding'. Magnum Opus is 2 credits per click and considered one of the most powerful economies in the game. At +2 per credit, GRNDL is effectively 3 credits a click for the duration its out. That pretty amazing, and a scored GRNDL Refinery can cover your economy for the remainder of the game.

That said, EVE might actually serve you better in this deck. It would have to be tested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzaga
msg tools
Yeah, GRNDL wasn't too stellar. It was only really useful when I had money, and I don't really need it if I have money. And I managed to amass enough money without it, so I ended up going

-2 GRNDL Refinery
-1 Eli
-1 Heimdall 1.0
-2 Blue Level
+2 Ash
+2 Hive
+1 Green Level
+1 Biotic Labor

Hive is SCARY early game with Midway out, and Biotic Labor is necessary. Now that I have the funds for it, I can run all three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems really fun, especially with how taxing MSG can be. I'm going to test this deck out a bit and see if I can make any suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzaga
msg tools
Twitch_City wrote:
This seems really fun, especially with how taxing MSG can be. I'm going to test this deck out a bit and see if I can make any suggestions.

Please do! It's very entertaining to see the runner work their way up to 20+ creds, stimhack into hq/r&d, and only manage to access Ash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at Midway, and the ICE with most sub routines (outside of advanceables) is in Jinteki. :( for Custom Biotics AND Midway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
I was looking at Midway, and the ICE with most sub routines (outside of advanceables) is in Jinteki. for Custom Biotics AND Midway

Midway/Komainu in RP would be terrifying.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.