Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been working on a one-sheet spellbook format that can be printed and used as a player aid. I started with the basic spellbook from the original rules and came up with the following:

It's colour coded by spell type: Attack; Summon; Healing; Counter and shows the dice combinations and a description of the spell. It's not as pretty as some of the ones that have been posted, but it could work as an aide mémoire combined with a player mat to place dice after your roll.

Any thoughts? I can work on similar sheets for the spellbooks in my advanced rules, though I think I'll need to shrink it a bit to fit enough spells

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One-sheet spellbooks for Basic; Melee and Advanced list of spells.. now with additional symbols.

Ultimately.. I may consider making these into a deck of cards, with 1 card per spell. That way you could just pick the spells you wanted to use for a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marian Gablovsky
Austria
Kittsee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for late reply, I have noticed this update just now.

One idea that I got after reading that you plan to make spells as cards - you could make with spell cards small drafting pre-round where players select one of 2/3 available spells until they have 5/6 spells. During the game, they can use only spells they have drafted - their spellbooks will be different from each other. This can cause imbalances, but could make game different
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An interesting idea... I think the cards would need to be drafted in groups though, as you could end up with an imbalanced set of spells.. i.e. too many that require the same or similar dice combinations... like all attack spells and no healing. etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marian Gablovsky
Austria
Kittsee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have created (with permission from Andy) new design for spell cards: Cards with spell descriptions
It contains both basic and advanced spells, and some optional counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.