Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Siebenthall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This actually happened in our recent game: All my settlements occupying Level Two Farmland were destroyed. Do I keep the Industry card in case I wish to resettle Farmlands, and thus must begin at Level Two? Or do I return the Industry card to the stack and then start at whatever level I want, including Level One?

We played that I kept the card since the rules read that Industries never go backward, and we assumed that included an Industry I was no longer using.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the rulebook could use a clarification on this point! In the absence of a rule clearly referring to this situation, your reading is quite reasonable.

The rule I've been using is this:
Quote:
If you no longer have any settlements of a given terrain type, return the industry card you have for that terrain as it is no longer meaningful.

Once we're done testing the alternate taxes rules, I'll change the rulebook to include this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.