Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Splitting a March Order Between Turns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bobby Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
Can you split a marching order between two separate marching turns? Or is it once a marching order used, at the end of that marching turn it is consumed?

The only firm rule I can see from the rulebook on page 21 under combat clean up, "...after combat is completed, remove the attacking player's March Order from the gameboard."

The main rules for march orders are on pages 13 and 15, and I'm not quite convinced one way or the other.

Anyone have any insight?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
what do you mean by "two separate marching turns"?

If you select that order to resolve, you move some or all of the units in that space, starting no more than one combat, and then remove the march order (barring Loras shenanigans)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Once a March Order is resolved (Units are moved, and combat - if any - has been completed), it is removed from the board. Then your turn is complete, and the next Player may resolve a March.

You may use one March Order to move units (if you have enough) into several adjacent areas, provided you only start one Combat. This is considered one move/one turn.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
forster925 wrote:
what do you mean by "two separate marching turns"?

If you select that order to resolve, you move some or all of the units in that space, starting no more than one combat, and then remove the march order (barring Loras shenanigans)


Thank you.

andy.rice@att.net wrote:
Once a March Order is resolved (Units are moved, and combat - if any - has been completed), it is removed from the board. Then your turn is complete, and the next Player may resolve a March.

You may use one March Order to move units (if you have enough) into several adjacent areas, provided you only start one Combat. This is considered one move/one turn.


Thank you.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Small addition is that you may chose to move none, some, or all of your units with that march order.

You may resolve a march order and then chose not to move a unit, but to simply discard the token.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
Vardaine wrote:
Small addition is that you may chose to move none, some, or all of your units with that march order.

You may resolve a march order and then chose not to move a unit, but to simply discard the token.


Can you delay a march order? Say, I have one march order left on the board and it's my turn to march. Can I skip my turn to have someone else march then let it come back to me?

My guess is no, if you have a march order and it's your march turn, you must use it or discard it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Celcius wrote:
if you have a march order and it's your march turn, you must use it or discard it.

You're correct, but if you have several, you can decide which one to activate (and march zero units).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why some players prefer to be at the bottom of the Iron Throne track.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.