Subject: Maximum turn duration before night arrives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If the second player is on Hold orders and the maximum allowable turn duration is calculated as 4 hours (1 hour + 3 hours for ten blocks on the map), what is the legal maximum for the current turn if there are only 2 hours before night?

In this situation, can the second player declare a 2 hour turn without being compelled to pick withdraw orders when night rolls in? (He can't declare a 4 hour turn because that would take the turn past the night phase, which is always 1 hour.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Valk
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The maximum duration is 2 hours, not 4 (duration may never exceed the number of hours before night -- see the last bullet under "7. Turn Duration Phase."). Therefore, the penalty for choosing less than the max does not apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

D'oh! Looked right past that one. Thanks for answering. I knew it seemed like I was missing something obvious..... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Valk
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
radsty wrote:

D'oh! Looked right past that one.

I've exclaimed "D'oh!" more than once while learning this game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.