Legendary: Villains – A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: missing cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Wallace
United States
California
flag msg tools
i got my game of legendary villains and my card count seems way off only have enough starter cards for two players and some of my adversary groups only have 3 or 4 as well as only have 8 cops and the book says 10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Contact the Legendary QA department, and they'll fix you up. Go here:

http://www.upperdeck.com/customer-care/Legendary_Deck_Buildi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have 5 of each of all 15 villains......(should 14 of each)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Big Poppi
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should have gotten 1 pack marked 1.
2 packs each marked 2A and 2B.
3 packs each marked 3A and 3B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
msg tools
mb
As FrankieP said, each of the packs are marked with a number, it sounds like you were missing a whole pack. I have the same problem, as I was missing pack 1 (all of the commanders, all of the villain rares, all of the plots, some unique adversaries, some other stuff)making the game unplayable. My response from UpperDeck QA was a couple weeks due to being out. My hope for you is that they have the other packs and are just out of pack 1 (it doesn't look like you are missing pack one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brozik
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I had the same issue and contacted UD Q&A. They were quick to respond, but stated 2-3 weeks MINIMUM (my emphasis, but their wording) before replacements would ship.
Mine was also missing the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spydurmn wrote:
As FrankieP said, each of the packs are marked with a number, it sounds like you were missing a whole pack. I have the same problem, as I was missing pack 1 (all of the commanders, all of the villain rares, all of the plots, some unique adversaries, some other stuff)making the game unplayable. My response from UpperDeck QA was a couple weeks due to being out. My hope for you is that they have the other packs and are just out of pack 1 (it doesn't look like you are missing pack one).

I have 6 pack of 3B, but no 3A at all..........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh for goodness sake, not this c**p again. Had endless problems with the Dark City expansion and missing cards.

With this issue on this scale they need to ringfence stock at distributor level in order to try and fix as many of the faulty copies as possible. This 2-3 week wait response is not fit for purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
msg tools
mb
Anyone in this thread get their replacement cards yet? Just wondering if I should be worried.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spydurmn wrote:
Anyone in this thread get their replacement cards yet? Just wondering if I should be worried.

I have - but not from the publisher.

Consumer laws in Denmark are different, and it is the seller who is directly resonsible for the goods or service sold. So my shop simply opened another copy and gave me the cards I needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
Spydurmn wrote:

I haven't heard a peep since I emailed them. The replacements should be coming soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahewlett
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Spydurmn wrote:

I have - but not from the publisher.

Consumer laws in Denmark are different, and it is the seller who is directly resonsible for the goods or service sold. So my shop simply opened another copy and gave me the cards I needed.

I live in the States and have always returned defective merchandise to store of purchase to receive a replacement. Until I came on this website I never even thought of contacting the publisher and am surprised at the number who do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AHewlett wrote:
I live in the States and have always returned defective merchandise to store of purchase to receive a replacement. Until I came on this website I never even thought of contacting the publisher and am surprised at the number who do.
We do it because it is often easier- especially if you have bought something from the internet - and because most publishers have a great customer service and will send you the missing pieces immediately and without demanding proof of puchase.

In this case I also sent a mail to Upper Deck, but they demanded that I sent them photo of my receipt. As our receipts simply contain the amount paid, I figured this would,'t prove anything, so I decided to use my right to ask for a refund/change of goods. And let my shop go through the hassle of dealing with UP (or whoever they bought the game from).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
msg tools
mb
Thank you everyone for the responses. I guess I will continue to wait. As to the taking it back to my FLGS for an exchange: I have had missing components in a few of the games I have purchased (none that made the game unplayable though), and have always received replacements within a week. To me, no big deal. I figured this time would be no different. Had I known before I sent that email that it would be longer than a couple weeks, I would have taken it back to the store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cy
msg tools
I got an email on July 30th saying my cards "should be shipped out shortly", (my initial email to UD was July 17th)
we'll see...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
msg tools
mb
My initial email to UD was July 12th. Just sent an email to UD checking the status on this today.

"We did receive the reprints back. We are currently in the process of filing cases for the Villains expansion. Your package will be shipped out tomorrow or on the 15th. We ship out the Legendary cases DHL and they pick up from us on Friday’s. We are sorry about the inconvenience that this has caused and appreciate your patience."

::crosses fingers that I make it on that tomorrow batch::

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brozik
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It's been 5 weeks for me, and I haven't heard anything. The last message I sent to Q&A went unanswered. I notice Breznor isn't popping into these forums to comment....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess they and Breznor are getting ready for GenCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know which manufacturer Upper Deck contracts with to make their Legendary games, but, based on all the mistakes they make of this sort, I really hope Upper Deck is getting a good deal. Instead of the 1, 2A, 2B, 3A, and 3B labels on the card packs, maybe they should use simplified Chinese characters to label the card packs instead.

I'm sure Upper Deck will ship everyone the cards they are missing eventually, but it sucks not being able to play the new game you just bought until weeks later.

A game manufacturer is typically contracted to provide some percentage of replacement parts to the game's publisher. You'd think these replacement parts would be sent in the same shipping container as the games, but I guess sometimes they aren't. Or maybe the Upper Deck QA department has already blown through their initial shipment of replacement cards and they're waiting for their next shipment. Regardless, I hope you all get your replacement cards soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
msg tools
mb
Finally received my cards. Excited to finally play. Good luck to everyone else in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
ORLANDO
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had ended up with a duplicate card pack so had to ask Upper Deck QA for the one I was missing. Got a package in the mail with cards and it was the entirely wrong one...soblue

Thought I was pretty clear about what I got in the box and what I was pretty sure I was missing, but maybe that wasn't the case. Can anyone list the correct card pack distribution so I can try to be more specific when I contact them again? Thanks a lot!

Edit: Nevermind! I thought the distribution was listed in some thread I couldn't find but it was in this one. Sorry about that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
Still waiting on mine

Came in today whilst I was at work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cy
msg tools
got mine today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François + Daphné
Canada
Saint-Hyacinthe
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
July 10th: I got the game in the mail. I was missing deck 1 (all the unique cards). I wrote to Upper Deck. I got a reply the next day.

They did not care to keep me up to date on my case, so I wrote back August 16th (it was a Saturday). They replied on the Monday, saying the cards were on their way.

August 21st: I got the cards today (and the missing dividers). I live in Canada.

That's six weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Q.T. Nguyen
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just chiming in with a report of my positive experience with missing cards and working with Upper Deck, especially since I have been having a horrible experience trying to get replacement parts from Funforge.

Monday, August 11: I was missing two cards, a Green Goblin - Pumpkin Bomb and an Adversary - Uncanny Avengers - Havok. I received a response within 3 hours with an ETA of 2-4 weeks.

Saturday, August 23: I got the cards in the mail, both inserted inside of a penny sleeve, which was then put inside of a top loader. Very impressed with the extra steps taken in packaging to protect the cards.

I'm in Arizona, and the whole process took less than two weeks and all around the time of Gen Con madness. This was a breath of fresh air after struggling to get a response from Funforge for months now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.