Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey All.

There is a conspicuous lack of female masterminds in this game. One reason could be that there are, generally, no many female Marvel characters that actually fit this bill. But I'll toss out a couple:

Morgan Le Fay
Dark Phoenix

Can anyone think of any others? Also, bonus points if you can think of one who's name does not begin with the letter "M," as most Masterminds do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if Gatecrasher would qualify, but she had a good sized group with her to work with.

Been too long since I've read comics (way too long), and don't remember a lot of them.

I would like to see Cloak and Dagger as heroes, as well as Silver Sable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Barker
msg tools
mb
Sin
http://marvel.wikia.com/Sin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew there was already a thread in which this was discussed, but I had a tough time finding it because it was in the Dark City forum instead of here. Anyway, for the record:

Female Masterminds
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I vaguely remembered that thread too actually, but I've been away for a while

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Myshhrall
msg tools
mbmbmb
Selene wouldn't be a bad one. She isn't main stream though so nobody would know who the hell I was talking about. I think the Skrull Queen would have made a better choice as Mastermind than just a villain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Burk
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!
badge
Rakes, my arch enemy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Typhoid Mary could make for some really fun mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Euloque wrote:
Selene wouldn't be a bad one. She isn't main stream though so nobody would know who the hell I was talking about. I think the Skrull Queen would have made a better choice as Mastermind than just a villain.

I agree. Veranke was a wasted opportunity, like Ultron, The Leader, Green Goblin and a few others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M_Strauss wrote:
Euloque wrote:

I agree. Veranke was a wasted opportunity, like Ultron, The Leader, Green Goblin and a few others.

Agree completely. I had quite a WTF moment to see the likes of Ultron, the Leader, Gobbie, or even Doc Ock reduced to mere "Villain" status.

Doesn't mean we still might not get a Mastermind version of them at some point...does it?

I hope so. Because I really would love Ultron to use as a Mastermind against the Avengers, GG or Doc Ock to tackle Spidey & friends, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cassandra Nova would be a cool one, you could also have Callisto leading a group of renegade Morlocks, though that's a grey area and not so much a full-fledged villains.

Also - Madame Masque, Malice and Madelyine Prior.

And if you want to dip into relatively new territory - Arkea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also - Death*.

*Inside Joke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Turner
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M00NSYLVER wrote:
M_Strauss wrote:
Euloque wrote:

Agree completely. I had quite a WTF moment to see the likes of Ultron, the Leader, Gobbie, or even Doc Ock reduced to mere "Villain" status.

Doesn't mean we still might not get a Mastermind version of them at some point...does it?

I hope so. Because I really would love Ultron to use as a Mastermind against the Avengers, GG or Doc Ock to tackle Spidey & friends, etc.

It would be cool if down the line we got a set that had some previous villains redone as Masterminds, and included some new villains to fill their spots on the teams they currently occupy. Green Goblin Mastermind and a Mysterio villain to replace in Spider-Foes. An Enchantress Mastermind... I'm a little shakey on Asgardian villains to fill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danishdonut wrote:
It would be cool if down the line we got a set that had some previous villains redone as Masterminds, and included some new villains to fill their spots on the teams they currently occupy. Green Goblin Mastermind and a Mysterio villain to replace in Spider-Foes. An Enchantress Mastermind... I'm a little shakey on Asgardian villains to fill.

Skurge the Executioner, Kurse, or the the Destroyer would all be excellent choices.

If UD doesn't take the initiative & do this hopefully some of the talented custom content creators rise to the challenge.

As I get more familiar with the system & if work will ever lighten up I might even myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M00NSYLVER wrote:
M_Strauss wrote:
Euloque wrote:

I would be really surprised if Ultron wasn't a mastermind in next year's big box expansion, which I'm guessing will be Avengers-focused due to its proximity with the Avengers 2 movie. I think Devin Low hinted that Ultron might make an appearance as a mastermind at some point, but he might have been hinting at Ultron's appearance in the Legendary Villains game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Burk
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!
badge
Rakes, my arch enemy.
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that they do release some villains as Masterminds over time for sure, because I'd like this game to run on for some time and I'd hate to see what happened to the old Marvel Overpower card game happen here. What happened you ask? It was an old simple CCG type game where you could be 4 heroes on a team, and it had quite a few expansions with another dozen or so characters. Basically you exhaust the flagship characters fairly quickly and start having to strain for obscurer and obscurer ones over time. To make the less known characters a draw to get, you either give them neat mechanics or make them really good to play and unfortunately the latter came up more. On top of that, earlier released flagship characters sometimes weren't as fleshed out (or the feel was "gotten wrong") as they could be despite an occasional alternate version. The result was the best of Marvel U heroes losing unfailingly to crap like the X-Babies.

Please don't let this happen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan R
United States
ALBUQUERQUE
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danishdonut wrote:

I don't even think they need to be replacements. Why can't Doc Ock be scheming in the shadows as a mastermind but still robbing the bank to complete his plans? Thematically it's not that there have to be two separate Doc Ocks but maybe he's doing some dirty work he couldn't trust his underlings with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I don't think its likely, I also wouldn't be surprised if they release Ultron as a Mastermind and then two replacements cards part of the Masters of Evil group that are of some other tech villain with the same text/abilities are the two Ultron villain cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KennedyMeijiHawk wrote:
Danishdonut wrote:

I don't even think they need to be replacements. Why can't Doc Ock be scheming in the shadows as a mastermind but still robbing the bank to complete his plans? Thematically it's not that there have to be two separate Doc Ocks but maybe he's doing some dirty work he couldn't trust his underlings with.

I had missed this part of the quoted post. I agree completely. I had already had the same thought & arrived at the same conclusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Bell
Australia
Dandenong
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M00NSYLVER wrote:
KennedyMeijiHawk wrote:
Danishdonut wrote:

I had missed this part of the quoted post. I agree completely. I had already had the same thought & arrived at the same conclusion.

Also if we did have Masterminds that are also Villains you could have a Rule that makes them tougher by like +2 and also that you can't hit the Mastermind till you have dealt with the Villain version in The City first.

Now back on topic I agree Legendary desperately needs more Female Masterminds and the suggestions have shown there are more than enough to warrant a few inclusions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus_Iscariat wrote:
Also if we did have Masterminds that are also Villains you could have a Rule that makes them tougher by like +2 and also that you can't hit the Mastermind till you have dealt with the Villain version in The City first.

Oh, wow... I love it! That's exactly how they should do it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
Marcus_Iscariat wrote:

Not to toot my own horn, but I proposed this a long time ago: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1049438/custom-masterminds-n...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M_Strauss wrote:
DarthEd wrote:
Marcus_Iscariat wrote:

Not to toot my own horn, but I proposed this a long time ago: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1049438/custom-masterminds-n...

Oh, right! Yeah, great work there on those Ultron cards! I remember seeing them, but I never got around to printing them out and playing them. Love the idea, regardless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Selene would be great! Here's one based off the Necrosha story line. Working on villains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Link the the full set of cards.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1216502/selene-mastermind

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.