Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just leave the five professor cards along the side of the board and, at the end of the game, award them to the player who has the most of each color and the most overall?

Passing them back and forth between players seems unnecessary except if

1) it helps players keep track of who has the most of each color easier
or
2) the General Knowledge (open book) cards count in determining whether a player has the most of a color, and, during the course of the game the General Knowledge cards can be moved around from color to color to increase the strength of different colored groups as needed

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Lea
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not distribute the professor cards during the game for this very reason. It just becomes fiddly.

The reason it might be considered necessary is that, per the rules, the card goes to the first person to reach 4+ (10+), and then passes when and if someone else beats the original holder.

If the cards are not distributed as this happens, then at game's end, if there were a tie in knowledge, it may not be possible to discern who reached the given value first.

The rules do not take into consideration tie-breaking.

My family's House Rule, in that regard, is, thus, to simply award it to the person with the most knowledge at the end of the game and to split the points in case of ties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kohn Jevinston
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very first game, I came to the same conclusion: a bit too fiddly to pass this around.

However, good point about ties. They didn't list the exception in the rules, so I just assumed you need to be strictly-greater-than to take the card. First person gets it at 4 books, next at 5, etc. Which would pose a problem at the end if you have a tie in books but haven't passed them around in-game.

Seems like passing them around is the proper way to do it, as annoying as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.