Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.popebrain.com
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a situation come up where the Barbarian played a card that killed the Dragon, and did a bunch of damage to himself. Turned out, he had one wound left, so the game was scored per slaying the dragon.

But what if he had died while killing the dragon? What scoring method would be used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

The game end conditions occur in the order they happen in the game. In this case the damage done to the dragon would be applied first, so the dragon dying would end the game.

Thanks for your interest.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
PopeBrain wrote:
We had a situation come up where the Barbarian played a card that killed the Dragon, and did a bunch of damage to himself. Turned out, he had one wound left, so the game was scored per slaying the dragon.

But what if he had died while killing the dragon? What scoring method would be used?

I don't think you were playing by the game's standard rules because I have never seen anyone come close to dying in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Hawkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
jasss333 wrote:
PopeBrain wrote:

I don't think you were playing by the game's standard rules because I have never seen anyone come close to dying in the game.

A player can take easily take 4 damage in one turn (1-2 from a Rampage card, 1-2 from the dragon attack, 1 from a Dragon counterattack), and can also be the target of hero cards that do 1-2 damage. Three of the heroes have only 7 life. I've certainly seen heroes die before...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.