Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Decloak, Boost, Roll clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle A

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this came up in a game I was playing with a buddy. Both of us have played for a while now, but had a slight dispute on the way these actions work. When decloaking, boosting, or barrel rolling, can your template cross a ship? For example, I start side by side with echo and an x-wing. When I decloak, can I go through the x-wing and have the final position in a clear spot? My buddy thought that the template for any of these actions cannot go through an asteroid OR a ship. Asteroid I agree it cannot go through.

Thoughts?

Another issue that arose was decloaking with Echo. When you decloak and declare if you are moving right, left, or straight, should you declare the direction at the time too? Just like a boost? Or is it like a barrel roll where you have to declare the direction? We agreed that you should declare both in a tournament setting, but wanted to get other opinions.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you decloak, you can cross a ship but not an obstacle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Breuch
Germany
Kettig
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Position of the ship base after performing boost/barrel roll/decloak is not allowed to overlap other bases or obstacles tokens.
Maneuver template is not allowed to overlap obstacle tokkens.

And decloak is not an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse L
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For echo's decloak you would declare one of the 6 possible directions such as "right-forward" or "straight-left". Say you declared you would decloak right forward, but couldn't, you would not be forced to decloak right-back, it is seen as a different direction entirely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cptnhalfbeard wrote:
For echo's decloak you would declare one of the 6 possible directions such as "right-forward" or "straight-left". Say you declared you would decloak right forward, but couldn't, you would not be forced to decloak right-back, it is seen as a different direction entirely.

Straight-left is not a possible direction for Echo. Otherwise, I agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.