Popular Tags: [View All]
John Battistoni
United States
VISALIA
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mystique Unknown says:

When Mystique is engaged, she copies the die stats and card abilities of one character that she is engaged with.

The question that came up is that there is no mention of mystique returning to her original state after the engagement. I couldn't find any reference to this in the forum already so does she revert to her 1\1 self if she survives the engagement and get KO'd from any remaining damage or continue to retain the stats of the copied charater until she is engaged again ?

Thanks for any feedback
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When she is engaged means it is during the combat she is engaged. Once combat ends and she is no longer engaged, she reverts to her printed stats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Battistoni
United States
VISALIA
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So the same thing goes for Rouge's 'Anna Raven' & 'Can't touch this' ?

Do you no longer copy the dice you captured when you send it back at the end of the turn?

I have looked in all the rules I can find, granted there is not much about this and the reversion/retention of the 'copy' ability doses't seem to be mentioned except for specifically on the other two mystiques which say when it changes.

Can the argument be made that the "when Mystique is engaged" is the trigger of the 'copy' ability and not restriction of the copy's duration?

Just curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rogue works the same way. Once the die is freed from her she is back to normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Battistoni
United States
VISALIA
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Then it appears that there is almost no scenario were mystique-unknown will survive engagement. Even with the burst from lvl 3 she will always have at least 1 damage when reverting back to the 1\1 stats. No wonder no one likes her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WizKids could easily rule that any character who survided the damage resolution/attack step of a round doesnt get KOed afterwards because the turn ends immediately after the attack step and all damage to characters is cleared at that point. In the rules there is no time window between attack step and clearance. This would also help the common Mr. Fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Pepperell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People don't like her because they lack imagination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the definition of "engaged" from teh rulez.

Engaged: A character blocking or being blocked is engaged with the opposing character.

So it would seem to me that the Mr. Fantastic "while blocking" language is essentially the same as "engaged" in this case. So I'd expect whatever ruling on Mr. Fantastic to be the same for Mystique.

I forget if the Mr. Fantastic ruling was settled or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian, Benny, Bennis, Beans, Binesse.
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
A little of this, a little of that.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
People don't like her because they lack imagination.

I might agree that people who don't like her aren't using imagination as their main criteria, but I think people who like games based on super-powered comic book characters probably have healthy imaginations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusten Mcadams
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong but I thought the rule book says abilities like this would last until the end of the turn. Damage would clear, then at the EOT Mystique would revert to her non-copy form. She has a "when engaged" trigger Vs. "while engaged" time restriction as in Mr. Fantastic that only gets his +2/+2 "while blocking".

I think Mystique is one of the most interesting characters but I think all we can do is guess at this stuff until a new FAQ comes out with a final ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dustenmc wrote:
I could be wrong but I thought the rule book says abilities like this would last until the end of the turn. Damage would clear, then at the EOT Mystique would revert to her non-copy form. She has a "when engaged" trigger Vs. "while engaged" time restriction as in Mr. Fantastic that only gets his +2/+2 "while blocking".

I think Mystique is one of the most interesting characters but I think all we can do is guess at this stuff until a new FAQ comes out with a final ruling.

That's how we play. Mystique survives at my table. She is way over priced otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.