Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read that many people have found the SR on the top and bottom row of the Gravity Feed box.

And I was just in an FLGS that sells singles. They had 3 gravity feed booster boxes open for sale.

Which makes one wonder if the SRs (or potential SRs) had already been pulled by the store (they certainly had a few for sale).

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: If the 'position' of the SR is a given, why buy single boosters?
From what I've read, there are 6 kinds of gravity feeds. 2 of them don't have SRs, and the position of the SR is different in the other 4 (some are at the top, some in the bottom).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Herman
United States
Chandler
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was in the bottom right, 2nd booster that I opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So from a statistical sample size of 2 replies (LOL), it seems like there are:

6 boxes to a case.
2 without SR.
4 with SR with some on the top row, some on the bottom row.

Easy enough for anyone to pick packs from the top/bottom row to get a better chance at an SR?

Yea? Nay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fearn
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
I pulled a Gobby from an already opened on the counter of the FLGS gravity feed. It was in the last 5 packs, so theoretically the top row.

I pulled another from a sealed gravity feed, dead center. We pulled from the bottom and somewhere around the 15-20th pack had a Tsarina.

I doubt I'll get another gravity feed from this series, since I just need two SRs and maybe 10-12 rares to complete the set. Come Uncanny X-Men, I plan on getting 3 gravity feeds and splitting with a friend, then I'll track placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst Fourie
South Africa
flag msg tools
I opened a 'Gobby' at about the same position.

It's difficult to say exactly, because I took the bottom 10 boosters from an unopened gravity feed and only opened them up at home.

Then I opened up a "Elastic" in another gravity feed, but that was somewhere in the last 30 boosters of that feed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Tedford
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: If the 'position' of the SR is a given, why buy single boosters? (Also, where did you find your SRs in the gravity feed?)
I pulled my super rare from the middle of the gravity feed, not the top or bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Varishna Khisanth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: If the 'position' of the SR is a given, why buy single boosters? (Also, where did you find your SRs in the gravity feed?)
Zacrulo wrote:
I pulled my super rare from the middle of the gravity feed, not the top or bottom.

Found one of mine in the middle of the gravity feed I opened and one on the top row of my third gravity feed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
I pulled 4. All of them were in either the middle or the top, but not close enough to pick an exact spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1havok12 wrote:
I pulled 4. All of them were in either the middle or the top, but not close enough to pick an exact spot.

Did you buy full boxes or raw packs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased 1 gravity feed and found 1 SR (Black Widow) and it was almost exactly in the middle of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not impossible to find in Australia. Icons imports and distributes them to other retailers. Good Games, Milsims and Heroes HQ(a comic shop) has had them in stock. Australia seemed to miss out on the few waves after the first. I got confirmed info from Icons today that they expect to be restocked next week so shops should get them in the next 2 weeks tops. I am still waiting on my order from Milsims but did get 2 Grav Feeds and 2 Starters from my other preorders. I did buy about 59 single packets also. I have all 4 Super Rares but am missing 8 rares from having a full set. OP stock has been in stores for ages but they are waiting to be restocked before events happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Corey wrote:
shawn_low wrote:
I've read that many people have found the SR on the top and bottom row of the Gravity Feed box.

And I was just in an FLGS that sells singles. They had 3 gravity feed booster boxes open for sale.

Which makes one wonder if the SRs (or potential SRs) had already been pulled by the store (they certainly had a few for sale).

Thoughts?

Where in Australia did you manage to find it? I thought it was impossible to find here.

I'm currently in Singapore and found it in a store here.

Apparently stocks are now in from the local distributor and another game shop has it in stock too. BUT starters will only be in next week.

In Oz, Milsims still lists stock on their website as 'preorder' but their prices are good. They are about A$20 cheaper than the stores in Singapore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far responses have been evenly split between top, dead centre and the bottom rows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fearn
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
shawn_low wrote:
So far responses have been evenly split between top, dead centre and the bottom rows.

So we have effectively isolated that there are three total zones in the gravity feed, and it's an even distribution.

That just tells you to big or go home (to check the internet for what you want), buy the full thing, and hope you don't get the super rare gravity feed that contains no super rare card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To add some data: I just cracked open a gravity feed and pulled a SR Green Goblin on the 5th pack from the left bottom row.

Update: from the first 8 packs, I pulled 1 SR, 2 Rares, 4 uncommon and 9 commons. Pretty good spread!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Rivet
United States
Pine City
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well "la de" freck'n Da!
badge
The "Dennis System".
mbmbmbmbmb

My Tsirina was in the middle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Insanely good pulls from my booster box.

First 20 packs = 1 SR, 5 rares, 9 common. Rest commons.

I should stop because I'm 1/3 through the box and pull above average (box averages 10 rares)...but I won't! I'm sure it will all average out.

...update.

And it did average out.

The top row of the GR was horrid. 1 rare. Collation was pretty bad in some ways.

Have loads of dupes (up to 7 dice of one character!).

Final result:

1 SR
10 Rares
35 UC (including 4 dupes)

I'll probably stop with buying packs/GRs and pick up the uncommons to fill out the set and leave it at that.

Might also ditch the SR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.