Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question: Discovery Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the tokens to be used immediately or saved for when you want to use them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
ElblÄ…g
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rulebook before me but take a look at this.

You have to exchange tokens that depict food/wood after the end of the action phase. Other tokens can be used at any time when that applies (e.g. healing tokens can be only used during the night).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
The "food" discovery tokens need to be exchanged immediately at the end of the Action phase.

About the "wood" tokens, two different approaches exist (both correct). The English/Polish/original answer would be you can keep it until you want to exchange it for wood.
The German edition ruled that you needed to exchange the "wood" token for wood immediately at the end of the Action phase, aswell.*

All other tokens can be kept until you want to use them.

*This rule was decided upon so that there would be no question whether you had to use the token "as if it was wood" during the Weather phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon has the official answer.

For simplicity's sake, I always exchange it immediately if it is simple resources. If it is roof or palisade, I use it immediately after I've built my permanent shelter. For all other tokens, I only use them when necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
slothman slothman
United States
flag msg tools
The English rules don't say that the wood token must be played right away; only the food.
I actually kept it until after weather so it could be used on the pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.