Jambo» Forums » General

Subject: Am I playing it right? Lack of cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Powers T
msg tools
mbmbmb
I feel that in many of my gaming sessions

Currently whenever I play Jambo, I tend to go through the first 5 cards in the beginning and then it gets very hard to get more cards which will help you build any form of strategy. You only get to keep one card per round and I feel like its very difficult to create any kind of combo or card synergy, I feel like its common to spend much of your card turn to get a single card which might benefit you only now and not much in the future.

And many utilities card require you to sacrifice cards, so you take one card at the start, then second action you sacrifice that card to get some wares, then..what ? Hope that next round you pull out a matching ware card which lets you sell ? That seem to rely on luck so much.

Yes if you get a good hand at the start, many matching utilities or pull the village elder card (lets you get 5 cards) then I get the feeling that I am playing the game wrongly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
djay16 wrote:
I feel that in many of my gaming sessions (

Yes... Go on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you feel that you never have enough cards and are always scraping to get cards, then yeah.... you're playing it right.

Don't worry, over time you get saavy about it and find ways to ensure (for the most part) that you get 'card generating' options in place. But every once in awhile (though not predominantly), I find a game where I just don't have cards.

Oddly, I've won games in this predicament.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Powers T
msg tools
mbmbmb
wow

OMG, where did the rest of my post went ??

I wrote a whole description of the problem i felt…must have hit delete or something.. arghh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Poh
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, we played it wrong. We always declare how many cards we want to draw out of the 5 actions, then use the remaining actions for 2nd phase.

Well, at least it was fun and game went fast and smooth.blush

What do you guys think of that as a variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lethalz wrote:
Ok, we played it wrong. We always declare how many cards we want to draw out of the 5 actions, then use the remaining actions for 2nd phase.

Well, at least it was fun and game went fast and smooth.blush

What do you guys think of that as a variant?

Interesting. By getting to draw cards one by one using the official rules, you only need to stop at the first useful card, effectively giving you that many more actions that turn.

The variant of declaring the amount of actions towards cards to draw could waste actions needlessly if the first card was optimal (or, draw too few cards because you declared 1 or 2 cards, and then not get a card you want and have restricted options that turn without something 'more interesting' to do.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Poh
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played that we get to keep all the cards we drew that turn. blush

Get to see some amazing combos though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.