United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
The Walled Village promo is a reference to Carcassonne. Governor is a reference to Puerto Rico. Is this a reference to another game as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Nope, just a post-series request by Jay, from what Donald has said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
I thought it might have been a tie-in with UK Royal Family's birth of prince George. His birth date was 2013, while this card was 2014, but it still seems like it could've fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
HuginnGreiling wrote:
I thought it might have been a tie-in with UK Royal Family's birth of prince George. His birth date was 2013, while this card was 2014, but it still seems like it could've fit.

I remember testing a card called Prince back in Prosperity. It was a totally different card, but that's the first one I remember called Prince. Donald tended to reuse names because he already had clip-art for them to use in his playtest sets. And then at some point a name would stick to a card that was published and he would have to come up with a new name for the next thing. So, no special significance to the name Prince.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Lar
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
It was probably his dog's name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
It's a name meant to convey the functionality! The idea is that you're a king, and you do stuff, playing actions, you know. The Prince does less stuff, in fact just one particular thing, but he does it every turn like you do stuff every turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.