Subject: Game length rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto Clemente
Norway
Sandefjord
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've read and heard in different places that a match can last one hour or less, with experienced players.

But my matches are lasting two hours normally, without checking rules, just picking and performing the actions.

Are we too slow?

How long does it take for you guys to play a regular DreadBall match?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it goes the full 14 rushes then most of my matches have never reached an hour mark and in a tournament setting you usually only have 45-60 minutes to finish your game. But I've also played games that have been over in less than 10 mins because of third rush landslides. Are you too slow? That is a difficult question to answer. If you wanted to play in tournaments then probably. But are you both having fun? Do you feel like the game is dragging on or does it feel fine? If it's the latter and you're having fun then no you're not too slow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Clemente
Norway
Sandefjord
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, I was referring to full 14 rush games.

We enjoy every minute of the match, the two hours pass really fast!

My concern is because I want to play more matches so you can seek revenge instantly meeple but two 2-hour matches in a row is a bit too much.

Let's see if we can play faster after more matches.

Thank you, Jonah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How new to the game are you? My early matches certainly took longer as I became familiarised with the rules but as with any game once you have the rules and the players stats/skills nailed down it becomes a lot quicker. The main thing is that you have fun and if you are then this is the main priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Clemente
Norway
Sandefjord
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, I've played 13 matches so far, and I feel very used to the rules. The opponent I've been playing against lately is newer, but any rule or stat is quickly reminded by me, so we use almost no time checking the rulebook or player aids.

But I admit that we aren't used to the strategy part. So I think we spend the time just deciding and discussing the actions to do.

As you said, the important thing is having fun, and we do! It's a very nice process to learn how to play the game -not the rules but the strategies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
My gaming group is on their third season for league play, with approximately ten matches per season. The six of us average 60 minutes per game. Coincidentally; playing a six man match of Ultimate? 180 minutes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to chime in here, matches last on average an hour or less in my experience too.

It was said best earlier in the thread though if you are having fun it doesn't matter. You could be playing faster games but if the fun is there that is all that matters!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Clemente
Norway
Sandefjord
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Andrew and Michael!

Nice to get feedback from more people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.