6 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: "within 1 tile" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ran
msg tools
mbmb
I have a question- there are a bunch of rules that state 'within 1 tile'.

For example, the Kobold Meerak's adjacent tactic has him attacking the hero he's adjacent to, and then moving someplace else "within 1 tile".

Does that mean I need to move him to 1 tile AWAY from the hero, or that I can move him to a new tile that's AT MOST 1 tile away from the hero? (IE, I can move him to the hero tile as well)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
• If the kobold is adjacent to a Hero, it attacks that Hero with a short sword, and then the kobold moves to any square within 1 tile.

• If the kobold is within 1 tile of a Hero, it moves adjacent to the closest Hero and attacks that Hero with a short sword.

• Otherwise, move the kobold 1 tile toward the Hero with the most Hit Points.

your 2nd thought is right. though im nto quite sure a bit of your wording..

so the kobold if it started next to hero and just attacked, its can move to an adjacent tile any space or stay on the same tile and move to any space..

00XX00
XXKHXX
00XX00

1 tile is 2 letters.
kh= kobold and hero tile
XX and KH = valid tiles for the kobold to move to if they are revealed.
XX are with in 1 tile of KH tile
KH is with in 1 tile of the KH tile also
00 is tile out of range or with in 2 tiles of KH

you could have the situation

00XX0000
XXXKHX00
00XX0000

in which the kobold in on the edge of 1 tile but next to a hero on another tile.

so the kobold could move on to the heros tile after the attack or move away... active players choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran
msg tools
mbmb
Gotcha- thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
and then the kobold moves to any square within 1 tile.

Technically, does that mean that the kobold could move to the same square it's on, effectively not moving at all? I think that's kinda gaming the system (although, that's a BIG part of this game!) so I wouldn't want to do it, but maybe the best square for the heroes could be where it is right now? I guess the best strategy would be be on an edge square of a tile, have the kobold adjacent on the *next* tile, then move it a tile away so that NEXT villain phase it only gets to move. Really only helpful if you've got someone with a long-range attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran
msg tools
mbmb
Hmmm, for your question, Alan, I think you need to move him; one of the card erratas on the back of the manual (positioning shot) says that the monster has to be moved to a square that's different from the one it was originally on.

I imagine it's the same in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
imo If he's on the same square, he didn't move. Moving to a square right next to his current square but still adjacent to the current hero is fine though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.