Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

While the Saga Dice look great, I didn't have all the factions, and getting Saga Dice is expensive, time consuming, and not easy for me.

On page 72 of the SAGA rule book under the heading "Saga dice", it explains that you can use regular D6's if you don't have Saga Dice. Well, I took it one step further. Instead of always referring to the chart on page 72, I decided to color code everything. For me, this work out fantastic. In fact, so well I color coded all twelve battle boards from the core book plus the two supplements.

First, I took regular D6's and colored in the dots with paint as follows: 1,2,3 yellow, 4,5 blue, 6 red (primary colors). Note, using red for the "6" also corresponds to the red symbols on the battle boards, so red is red... easy huh?.

Next, I took all my battle boards and put them in A4 sheet protectors. This will protect them because what I did was to put yellow, blue, and red circle-shaped stickers over the the corresponding dice symbols on the battle boards (see page 72). So instead of symbols, everything is now color coded.

That's it! One set of dice will now work for all of my battle boards. Also, with the colors you can quickly work out which will be the 50% (yellow), 33% (blue), and 16.67% (red) die rolls.

I just wanted to share this with other SAGA gamers just in case it can help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did something similar using the dice from Toss Up!. These dice have 3 green, 2 yellow and 1 red face. One benefit of using colors is that it's much easier to guage the likelihood of each combination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was thinking about putting little die facings right above the saga symbols (dots in squares) but I ended up printing the symbols out on permanent file labels

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Edwards
United States
Smyrna
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Coming in hot!
badge
Use the force....
mbmbmbmbmb
I've looked at several different options and this is my favorite. Consider it borrowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.