Carles Neira Garcia
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I've heard somewhere, almost for scenario one, that for winning, apart from making five piles of wood and inventing fire, you have to survive that entire round. Is it right or when you fulfill the last pile and you get the fire you win instantly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Behdaad V
Iran
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should build pile of wood (15 cubes) and invent fire after round 10, 11 or 12 to win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Newcastle
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In terms of the firat scenario, Castaways I think it is called, the idea is to light the beacon when the is a ship nearby. Which only happens in the final 3 rounds from memory. So yes, you have to have the pile of wood for the beacon but you also have to survive long enough for someone to see it when it is lit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
ElblÄ…g
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benzy311 wrote:
In terms of the firat scenario, Castaways I think it is called, the idea is to light the beacon when the is a ship nearby. Which only happens in the final 3 rounds from memory. So yes, you have to have the pile of wood for the beacon but you also have to survive long enough for someone to see it when it is lit.

I think Carles is rather curious whether you have to survive the night in round 10/11/12 if you already invented Fire (which happens after the Action Phase) and built the Pile of 15 wood (which happens before the Action Phase) until then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carles Neira Garcia
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dannte wrote:
Benzy311 wrote:

I think Carles is rather curious whether you have to survive the night in round 10/11/12 if you already invented Fire (which happens after the Action Phase) and built the Pile of 15 wood (which happens before the Action Phase) until then.

That's exactly it. If you already have the fulfilled piles and have created fire by round 10 to 12, do you immediately win or do you have to survive that entire round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario 1:
Build Pile and Fire, survive until round 10, instant win even before the Action phase. I'd say you need to survive the Event if you want to see the ship, but even the German rules don't state that clearly.

Scenario 2:
Once you built your 5th cross, you need to survive the night in order to win!

Scenario 3:
Once you have built the boat, you immediately win. However, you can not build the boat UNTIL AFTER Jenny is saved.

Scenario 4:
You can only build the boat AFTER you have made all the necessary explorations. If you do, you instantly win.

Scenario 5:
Once you burned down Cannibal City, you need to survive the night in order to win!

Scenario 6:
If, at the end of any round, all 9 initial random inventions (yes, THESE EXACT 9!) have been built, Palisades, Roof and Weapons are at least level 1, and all characters (excluding Friday) AND all born children are alive, you win.

This is based on answers gotten by Ignacy, and written down in the German rules system, on which I mostly base my answers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it looks like scenarios 2 and 5 require survival through night phase.

And the others are immediate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario 6 also requires survival through the night!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carles Neira Garcia
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a superb answer! Thank you so much, Dumon! :-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We do need an updated FAQ for those of us who can't speak German.

If anyone has the time and energy (I don't) a compilation of Dumon's forum answers, collected under various headings would probably do.

By this stage there's probably not much that hasn't been answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah you have to survive through the night because the fire can only be seen during night

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The smoke is what can be seen during the day, which is why wet wood is important. So the "night" argument is not feasible enough...
...and in case you didn't see it up above - no, it's enough to get the fire built, the stack finished, or to reach round 10/11/12 alive. However, I would still say that the Event at least must be weathered, although there is no official ruling concerning this (and it never occured to me to ask)...

Btw, Eric Lebigot actually compiles such a file, I've been told...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to dig up this old one, but would like to confirm about Scenario 7 : King Kong Island.

Do we need to wait the end of the turn when actress and director are safe and King Kong is captured to win ?
Or do we consider the win as soon as "Special Hunting" action -5 weapon level is completed ?
According to the Goal of Scenario, it looks like as soon as King Kong is captured, if all players are alive and actress is not captured, you win, so no need to survive end of round.

But it's never clear enough for the others scenarios without official confirmation, so let's nailed it once and for all please

Thanks for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.