Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just the model or does it come with any upgrades etc.?

Thx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just the pwetty model. And bragging rights.

Nothing of use in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd think of all the places to put sweet upgrades - the grand prize of a six tournament OP would be the place? Not complaining, not even surprised, I suspected this much. Just thinking out loud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The real kick in the dick to the Dominion War champs is going to come if it turns out that the recently announced upgrades also appear in the retail model.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice (proper?) if anyone who has won the Dominion War Grand Prize in the past was given the opportunity to apply (retroactively) for the cards that are going to come out in the retail version.

Thumb up if you agree thumbsup

DANVAN

edit: I gave myself a thumbs up, because I agree with what I have said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Vulcan
msg tools
mbmb
Danvan wrote:
edit: I gave myself a thumbs up, because I agree with what I have said.

That's great, made me laugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, from our experience of lining up the model with the firing arcs of the cardboard template, there's a slight difference in size and firing, but its been several months and I don't remember how much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles_skrobis wrote:
Well, from our experience of lining up the model with the firing arcs of the cardboard template, there's a slight difference in size and firing, but its been several months and I don't remember how much.

The model its pylon arcs set back further, effectively giving it slightly wider coverage than the token version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PanicAtTheSisko wrote:
The real kick in the dick to the Dominion War champs is going to come if it turns out that the recently announced upgrades also appear in the retail model.

I'm not sure why that should be the case, no-one who won their DS9 prize paid more for the privilege of winning than I paid to go to the events and not win them, if you ask me its Wizkids way of getting everyone to buy their retail DS9 (its worth adding at this point that this is an entirely speculative debate, there is no hard evidence those cards will be in the retail ds9 pack, and wizkids only comment on the pack's contents was to say it contained ONLY the model and the ship card).

Pretending that someone who won a Tournement is some special class of humanity who should be given the cards for free just because they won an event is egotistical in the extreme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.