Popular Tags: [View All]
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Potentially new players can be scared by rules threads and Rahdo`s excellent video, but I disagree with his conclusion.

I find F90 not that difficult to play. You usually forget rules, but it is amazing how players tend to invent rules (or at least combine a few) and making it more complicated in F90. Ref Rahdo video. He starts fine, but ends up making it more and more complicated. Watch and enjoy this excellent video, but do not learn the rules from it.

There are procedural rules (only one) and mostly conditional/situational rules in F90.

The procedural rule you should learn and remember:

You start to activate the section with the Leader and move backwards.

Some house keeping rules to learn and remember:

1. Strategy chits makes exceptions to, or modify standard rules.

Summary of your turn:
2. You draw a card at the start your turn.
3. Play one or two cards.
3. Pay resources according to cards.
4. Move your car
5 Stop in a turn section or LB section, if there are other cars placed here.

1. A car moves only once

And finally some look up rules. Check them in some excellent Game Summary Player Aids you find in the download section, or the standard rules. Play a game solo, read and check as they occur, and you will remember most of the ordinary rules rather quickly.

1. Use of trajectory points
2. Contest in turns
3. Late braking sections.
4. Movement of robot cars.
5. The 3 types of check: Standard card check, Late braking check, and Leader car lap check.
6. Behavior of lapped robots.

Now you can play 99% of the game.

In some sections you may find two or more conditions occur at the same time. Take a breath, read the rules once more, and solve them separately. If you start to mix them in to one complicated rule, and try to solve the conditions in one go, you end up with some brain burning issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You start to activate the section with the Leader, move the and move backward from where the Leader stopped.

But I understand want you mean in this topic.
I find it strange too how many topics suddenly popped up with questions.
Yes, I made some too and wrote in some of the other.
Is it time to re-write the rules to make it easier to understand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
You start to activate the section with the Leader, move the and move backward from where the Leader stopped.

But I understand want you mean in this topic.
I find it strange too how many topics suddenly popped up with questions.
Yes, I made some too and wrote in some of the other.
Is it time to re-write the rules to make it easier to understand?

I find the rules pretty clear, no need to re-write. What the game need is a game summary, or player aid. We can print from the download section. to bad for non BGG users.

Edit:
Did not mean to bash the rules Q threads here. They are all good and valid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never seen a game with so many questions and misunderstandings. I doubt that there are two people who play it the same way!

And it is difficult. Even your brief turn summary is misleading. For example, in step 5, you don't just stop in a braking or corner section. First, you must check to see if your car can overtake or lap cars in front of it. Then or only then does it stop.

Also, I have not found a player aid that does not have errors. Even the designer's aid has an error!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:

much easier for newbs to do it the other way I think. plus it's smoother anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shilinski wrote:
I have never seen a game with so many questions and misunderstandings. I doubt that there are two people who play it the same way!

And it is difficult. Even your brief turn summary is misleading. For example, in step 5, you don't just stop in a braking or corner section. First, you must check to see if your car can overtake or lap cars in front of it. Then or only then does it stop.

Also, I have not found a player aid that does not have errors. Even the designer's aid has an error!

Take a look at Sergeants Miniatures Game: Day of Days!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shilinski wrote:

Stan.

I think you should follow my advice. Memorize the rule that you must stop in braking or corner section.

Then go to the look up rules and read the chapter about Contest. (or Braking if applicable).

Then continue playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shilinski wrote:

you can only go for lapping in a braking or corner, no regular overtake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
I fully agree, this game is fun and a blast to play. Don't be put off by the rule threads, and if you encounter something sticky, house rule it and move along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
shilinski wrote:

Maybe you are forgetting banging wheels, first turn, and last turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eker wrote:
shilinski wrote:

Stan.

I think you should follow my advice. Memorize the rule that you must stop in braking or corner section.

Then go to the look up rules and read the chapter about Contest. (or Braking if applicable).

Then continue playing.

I think now you are being condescending. I think I know the rules pretty well. Following your lead, I think YOU should follow your advice. And no, you don't just stop in corners and braking sections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shilinski wrote:

Looks like we are not thinking alike.
If Banging Wheels, first or last turn isn't mentioned in the example, how can we reply on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
shilinski wrote:

Looks like we are not thinking alike.
If Banging Wheels, first or last turn isn't mentioned in the example, how can we reply on it?

You misunderstand me. I was not talking about an example. I was replying to someone who said you could not overtake in corners and braking sections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shilinski wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
shilinski wrote:

I'm not, that's why I said "regular overtake"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.