Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Veteran and Rescue Dog» Forums » General

Subject: Cards only? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I wear my Halloween costume all year round!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's been so much clamouring for minis in the Call of Duty kickstarter that I thought it would be nice to present a different perspective

I'm actually not a minis fan, and am happier playing with the colourful plastic figurines rather than the unpainted minis.

So I was wondering, is there any chance of releasing this expansion with just the character cards, no minis? The current version is pretty pricy in terms of gameplay content, and it seems like most of the cost is in the minis.

In my ideal world it would actually come with the two character cards and one brown plastic dog figurine, but I'd be happy if I could just get the cards alone.

I hope you'll consider this in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you do not have to shuffle the cards, you can easily proxy them. Buy a dog figure from a toy store :-).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I've definitely considered it . But I'd like to give them some money for it if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just buy them? They are like $7 on amazon? You can just throw the minis away if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know, I just don't like the idea of throwing away new stuff (or, indirectly, throwing away money). I'd rather be able to buy just what I want, instead of paying significantly more for unnecessary extras.

If they really were only $7, I might buy them anyway. But the $6.50 non-prime option charges $4.50 for shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
As the new role coming with the Kickstarter edition of Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Honor & Duty will not have a figure, someone may very well be interested in a spare Veteran figure, especially if they have painted the figures to match the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.