Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris K
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am interested to here how XXX Corp gets by Valkenswaard in the early game. The Germans can get to tanks with decent TQ and range 4 weapons on the southern edge of the city overlooking Club Route. XXX Corp has to approach in column on a raised road through clear terrain.

So how do players solve this problem. Run the gauntlet of fire hoping for minimum damage? Try to go around the city to the east?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MaNey wrote:
I am interested to here how XXX Corp gets by Valkenswaard in the early game. The Germans can get to tanks with decent TQ and range 4 weapons on the southern edge of the city overlooking Club Route. XXX Corp has to approach in column on a raised road through clear terrain.

So how do players solve this problem. Run the gauntlet of fire hoping for minimum damage? Try to go around the city to the east?

1) Airstrikes on the armor and 88 there at the beginning of the game
2) suppress the town hexes of Valk. with your barrages. Probably plan them for turn 1700 and/or 1900.
3) Drive around like you said, but I've been going to the West. East is blocked by streams and other terrain IIRC
4) Stop for nothing
5) Get a bit of luck

Just did this a bit in our campaign game the other night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunny1 wrote:
Ty,

Do you have a link to your on line site that you post these game sessions at?

My gaming blog is at gamesfromthefront.com

I'll have a report on this week's session up in the next hour or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Drake
United States
Picayune
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ty,

Like your WED battle reports!

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.