Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Do you possess/own any of the prize ships or resources from the Dominion War Tournament?
Yes
No
      108 answers
Poll created by Danvan

EDIT: Looking at the results, from the following post I want to highlight that the question is asking which of the resources or prizes are you MISSING ( CHECK ONLY WHAT YOU DO NOT OWN, and not the other way around)
Poll
Which of the Dominion War participation prizes (i.e. resources) and Ships do you NOT own/possess?
OP1 - Krayton/D’Kora-class Ferengi Marauder
OP1 - Elite Attack Dice/Reference Cards
OP1 - DS9/Nor-Class Space Station Oversize token & cards
OP2 - I.K.S. Ch’Tang/B’rel-class
OP2 - Command Tokens/Cards/Reference Cards
OP2 - Red Shirt Crew Upgrade Promo Cards
OP3 - P.W.B. Aj’rmr/D’deridex-class Pre-painted Plastic Ship
OP3 - Reinforcements Sideboards /Reference Cards
OP3 - Plastic Bases and Pegs set (in 1 of 4 colors)
OP4 - U.S.S. Sutherland/Nebula-class
OP4 - Flagship set, Reference Card, and black Base with 2 Pegs
OP5 - Rav Laerst/Breen Battle Cruiser Pre-painted Plastic Ship
OP5 - Hideki Class Attack Squadron Resource with Reference card and Ship Card/tokens
OP6 - Akorem/Bajoran Starship
OP6 - Federation Attack Squadron Resource with Reference Card and Ship Card/tokens
DS9/Nor-Class Space Station Oversize TOKEN & cards
Deep Space 9 Pre-painted Plastic Space Station Grand Prize
      85 answers
Poll created by Danvan

Poll
If you own or posses any prize ships or resources from the Dominion War Campaign, describe how you came to possess them
Winning them fair and square
Buying them from another player
Buying them from an online source
Was given them by another player
Traded another player for them
Won them in a poker game, or a bet.
Some other way the dense pollster hasn't mentioned or imagined.
      109 answers
Poll created by Danvan

Poll
If you do not have all the prizes and resources from the Dominion War campaign, why not?
New to game, haven't had the opportunity yet
Just didn't win enough, and refuse to buy off eBay
Wasn't able to attend all the tournaments for whatever reasons
I don't play competitively, so get by on the expansions
Some other reason I will elaborate on in the thread.
      73 answers
Poll created by Danvan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am the local TO, and had one of everything, though I sold my DS9 when I was going through some tough financial times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have thought of that! It isn't like I don't know that TOs get a prize ship - it is rather that as a non TO, that avenue didn't even register in my thinking as I was writing out possible answers.

I wish polls could be edited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gotten a couple LE ships as fellowship prizes/random draw ... so not really "winning fair and square" but not buying them either.

Thanks to my son we have at least one of every LE ship including DS9. (he's won 90% of them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dc0nklin wrote:
I've gotten a couple LE ships as fellowship prizes/random draw ... so not really "winning fair and square" but not buying them either.

Thanks to my son we have at least one of every LE ship including DS9. (he's won 90% of them)

I'd consider the fellowship "winning them fair and square," however the TO awards it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's telling (perhaps?) that the flagship and fighter resources are the least missing resources so far...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They are pretty much the only ones to date worth going out of your way to get and eclipse the rest. I am curious about fleet captains and the crew ones coming with the Collective 2/3 though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only missing the Ch'Tang and DS9 myself. I managed to win, or trade duplicates of things that I won in order to get, every other thing on the list. I ended up being just shy of winning Month 6 which cost me DS9 by a hair.

I do want to get a Ch'Tang someday, but the cost of them on the secondary market has kept me from doing it so far. I have no real interest in the DS9 as the retail version coming out this fall will come with extra cards anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedediah
United States
choctaw
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
I just recently got into this game just before the arena event. I do not have any of the ships from the Dominion war but i have purchased several resources from it online. I have won a couple ti'murs from the 1st collective event and would be willing to trade one for any non-resource ship from the Dominion war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ting
Australia
flag msg tools
We've run OP 1-5, but it seems the local distributor probably isn't bringing in OP 6. Which sucks for everyone, but also means I'll miss the shot at winning the DS9 (am in a significant lead in points after OP5).

I have ended up with an extra Ch'tang though which I'm looking into trading for more OP stuff we may otherwise not get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PanicAtTheSisko wrote:
I am the local TO, and had one of everything, though I sold my DS9 when I was going through some tough financial times.

Luckily you will likely be able to purchase a new one at the end of the year likely for less then you sold it for Sorry to hear about the rough times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm missing the Ferengi (Krayton), Romulan (Aj'rmr), and Federation (Sutherland) from the Dominion War OPs.

I figure I'll trade or buy them one day, somehow. But not at the prices they seem to be going for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was quite late to the dominion war party and op6 was my first OP event.

I got the reinforcement sideboard and flagship cards through a nice chap I met on BGG who was happy to post me some spares he had lying around.

As for prize ships, I'm afraid my local venue is rather more competitive than I am, but the atmosphere is great and since its almost the only opportunity I have to play I make the most of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've attended all OPs since Dominion OP2. I had to buy/trade for the Klingon and Romulan ships. The rest I won, aside from the DS( grand prize for that series.

After Dominion War, while waiting for Tholian Web, we did a one-off event with a DS9 model as top prize, and I won the tourney. So I technically won the DS9, but I let the #2 guy have it, as he and his son really wanted it bad. I would have probably just sold it, as I have nowhere to display it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love how the most commonly-held OP item is the *grand prize.*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tsuyoshikentsu wrote:
I love how the most commonly-held OP item is the *grand prize.*

Least commonly. The poll question is which do you NOT own, not which do you own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've fortunately been able to win multiples of pretty much everything - including 3 DS9s and one of the cloaked ships from Games Expo. Not brought a single one yet.

I've not sold any of my duplicates as I'm keeping them to giveaway for competitions when my website goes up. But I have given a Romulan OP prize to a buddy for his birthday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Ryan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bought most of the resources from ebay, local players were kind enough to give me the Hideki fighters and command tokens. I Would love to own the Ti'mur or Sutherland but unless I win the ti'mur I can't afford it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.