Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I thought this was supposed to be out for GenCon or at least around that time frame but I haven't heard anything about this game other than on the PHG podcast a while back. There is almost no information here on the Geek, I haven't heard updates on the PHG podcast in months and I don't see anything on their site....what's going on?

The few details I head about the game play have me very interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown

Portland
OR - Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure they will have it at Gen Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Arnold
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played it! But then again, I am one of the creators of the show.

Just jumping in to say Plaid Hat sent us the final paper prototype about a month ago, and I couldn't be happier with it. The art is beautiful and makes us desperately want to do an animated version of the show, and the gameplay is wonderfully thematic while have a nice medium-weight set of mechanics.

It plays sort of like... King of Tokyo meets Lords of Waterdeep... with video games and some other twists.

Anyways, the paper prototype has been a big hit with my fiancee's family, and my friends, and the people at the office. I think the fans of the show will love it, but honestly think its a wonderful medium-weight / gateway game.

Can't wait for people to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K AM
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I am quite sure that the game will be Demoed at GenCon, and I can't wait to try it out. If they have it ready for sale, I'm definitely picking it up.

BTW--I had never heard of VGHS until Plaid Hat mentioned it and I am very glad they did, because I am now a huge fan (and supporter Season 3) of the show.

KAM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Arnold
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
^
Glad you like the show. Season 3 will be nuts.

Just got word from Plaid Hat that the games are printing and they are sending us a retail copy now so we can play it. We should have a video of it up in the next 2 weeks or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tgcleric wrote:
^

Just got word from Plaid Hat that the games are printing and they are sending us a retail copy now so we can play it. We should have a video of it up in the next 2 weeks or so.

That is great news! Can't wait for Season 3 and game video. Woot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K AM
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tgcleric wrote:
^

I also can't wait for Season 3. The game will help bridge the gap perhaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K AM
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello VGHS and Plaid Hat Fans,

Look on iTunes or YouTube (RocketJump Channel) for the Facerocker Podcast #51, where they discuss (and show on YouTube) the VGHS Board Game.

Looking VERY cool.

KAM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Channell
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KAM1138 wrote:

Look on iTunes or YouTube (RocketJump Channel) for the Facerocker Podcast #51, where they discuss (and show on YouTube) the VGHS Board Game.

Looking VERY cool.

KAM

Love the show. Could not find the info on your RocketJump Channel. Could you please provide a link.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now available for pre-order:
http://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/404
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K AM
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chudley wrote:
KAM1138 wrote:

Looking VERY cool.

KAM

Love the show. Could not find the info on your RocketJump Channel. Could you please provide a link.

Cheers.

Well, it is unlisted for some reason, and so I couldn't feel right linking to it for that reason, but it showed up in my subscription list. If you are subscribed to their channel, look at the 'Facerocker Podcast" playlist episode #51.

KAM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Channell
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a subscriber. Did not show up. But was available if I specifically went into the playlist section. Weird. Thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K AM
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chudley wrote:
I am a subscriber. Did not show up. But was available if I specifically went into the playlist section. Weird. Thanks for your help.

Glad you found it.

KAM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.