Subject: investor spot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Reeves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Am I playing wrong.... When you land on the spot you collect money. But the investor card is only activated when you don't land on it and go pass it right? It seemed hard to buy more bonds in a four player game.
We were thinking to change it to be able to invest into the country's after its turn? But I think that's too often.
So really want to know if we player the investor spot right? Its only active if you don't land on the investor spot to invest correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
whatsup42 wrote:
Am I playing wrong.... When you land on the spot you collect money. But the investor card is only activated when you don't land on it and go pass it right? It seemed hard to buy more bonds in a four player game.
We were thinking to change it to be able to invest into the country's after its turn? But I think that's too often.
So really want to know if we player the investor spot right? Its only active if you don't land on the investor spot to invest correct?

1. You are not playing it correctly. Investor triggers both when you land on the spot and when you skip over it.

2. Game is better without the investor card. It is not really "too often" as generally players do not have enough money to invest all that often anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bleicher
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
MG
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whatsup42 wrote:

The investor card is activated both when land on the investor spot and when you pass it. So that's why it was difficult to buy more bonds in your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Tsimoris
Greece
Thessaloniki
Macedonia
flag msg tools
If you be the Miracle, you can do the Miracle!
badge
There is no knowledge that is not power
mbmbmbmbmb
only the payout happens when you land on investor, all the other is done normally whether you land or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain Jacques
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
2. Game is better without the investor card. It is not really "too often" as generally players do not have enough money to invest all that often anyway.

Well, players that have bonds in the country receiving returns to investment will get money. And the player who will receive the most and will invest first will be the same guy. It becomes too easy for him to keep control in his country. The game becomes more a wargame than an investment game. This is why I prefer playing with the investor card. Countries are changing hands more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Romain wrote:
dkeisen wrote:

Well, players that have bonds in the country receiving returns to investment will get money. And the player who will receive the most and will invest first will be the same guy. It becomes too easy for him to keep control in his country. The game becomes more a wargame than an investment game. This is why I prefer playing with the investor card. Countries are changing hands more often.

1. Still an investment game either way. Whether countries change hands frequently or not does not change that core fact. The wargame aspect is important when used judiciously no matter whether you use the investor card or not, and is a fine way to both make the game boring and to make you lose if you use it more than that.

2. My experience without the investor card is that countries change hands plenty. Mostly because it's not always in a player's interest to keep hold of a country he or she currently controls. I can see that in situations where keeping control is a priority, it can be done more easily in a game without the investor card.

Perhaps I should have been less definitive. I think Imperial is better without the investor card and would generally rather play something else than Imperial if the investor card would be used. But the investor card does not ruin the game and I can accept that others would find Imperial a better game with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain Jacques
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might depend on the gaming group.

In ours, we had numerous fans of the "no investor card" (including myself) but since some of us were playing at the World Boardgaming Championship, we've tried wwithout the IC (as they used to play at the WBC). Nobody wants to go back now.

But I admit it causes some problems with 5 or more players. When the game ends just before you get the IC, it is frustrating to have all this money with no opportunity to invest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.