Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
United States
Cicero
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to clarify the exact sequence of events in this game, please.

1) The time marker is moved before any actions take place. The rules seem to clearly state this, but in the summary there's a discrepancy with the wording "choose source tray, resolve target tray, move time marker".

2) At the end of a round, the active player finishes his actions before the round is concluded. Does the demand tile get flipped prior to or after the actions? This is important because it can influence decisions.

3) At the end of the quarter year, I assume the active player gets one last turn to complete actions before needing to satisfy the people's demands along with everybody else, correct?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Lea
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blazur wrote:

1) The time marker is moved before an actions take place. The rules seem to clearly state this, but in the summary there's a discrepancy with the wording "choose source tray, resolve target tray, move time marker".

This is just reading more into what the summary is actually saying. In Step 1, when you move your action markers you are having to "choose source tray" and "resolve target tray" just by virtue of moving the markers. Nothing more should be read into that.

Step 3 clearly indicates that this is when the actual action is performed.

Blazur wrote:

2) At the end of a round, the active player finishes his actions before the round is concluded. Does the demand tile get flipped prior to or after the actions? This is important because it can influence decisions.

The demand tile gets flipped at the end of the round. But End of Round occurs "after the active player’s turn." So No, the active player gets no foresight of what the demand time will be.

Blazur wrote:

3) At the end of the quarter year, I assume the active player gets one last turn to complete actions before needing to satisfy the people's demands along with everybody else, correct?

I do not follow here... unless it is a continuation of the situation presented in question 2. There is no "one last turn" for anybody at the end of the quarter year. The third demand tile is flipped after the active player completes his turn, then all players must satisfy the demands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Cicero
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lovely, thank you both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
DarinFett wrote:
Blazur wrote:

The demand tile gets flipped at the end of the round. But End of Round occurs "after the active player’s turn." So No, the active player gets no foresight of what the demand time will be.

We also played it like this, which I see fair to all of the players. If that's the fact, the players of course can take an advantage in that by taking a forum action to preserve the backup plan getting another extra tile to complete demand tiles (if any). It's situational but very possible.
So yes, demand tiles are flipped after the active player's actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.