Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just made an order on the BGG marketplace, and I had to update my display name from Asmor to Ian Toltz. Otherwise, the order was going to be addressed to "Asmor", which perhaps wouldn't be a problem but all the same...

I prefer to be addressed online as Asmor, and don't really like having my real name displayed next to all of my posts. I don't mind people knowing my name, it just feels weird to be called "Ian" on an online forum, and invariably with my name right there people always will use it when they address me directly.

This could be solved nicely if there was a separate field for "Display name", or even just an option to not show anything besides your account name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
I put my real name in the top address line field, so that it's there when I order through the Marketplace, but not displayed above my avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.