Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Carrying and Storing Myth rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Schell
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Hello Everyone,

Just trying to think of a way to store/transport myth.

Not sure if i should shell out the money for a Miniatures case or go with something like a Plano tackle box.

Ideally i would like something that would have an open space at the top for the card box, boards, rules and other miscellaneous not in trays/foam type stuff. the second section of it would be several trays or foam areas that i could store all the minis in. It would need to be big enough to fit the bosses and all the lairs and minis from a Captain pledge plus some extras i bought (just the extra heros, boss and agents plus some minis i am putting in for townsfolk, fighters, treasure hordes and chests)

Currently i have 2 planos in the game box with an 800 count card box and all the other stuff piled around it

So again a Plano tackle box might work if it has an empty compartment on top that can fit the tiles and everything

Been looking at something like an army carrying case that i could have an empty tray for the cards.

anyone have any examples of what they are doing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
I was considering a coffin case.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Mark, are you a KS backer or plan on getting all the expansion miniatures? That might impact your options as storage of all those miniatures is going to be a challenge in the base box.

Oh, and Doc ... nice one!!! laugh

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
AlmostMeek, I've been thinking about the same problem, and after doing some internet searching, have purchased a 10-pack of 1/8" foamcore (cost about $20 shipped) that I intend to cut and glue into a custom storage solution that will fit in the game box, following the guidelines I found here:

http://www.orderofgamers.com/using-foamcore-part-1

http://www.orderofgamers.com/using-foamcore-part-2

http://www.orderofgamers.com/using-foamcore-part-3

I intend to get it done shortly after my 2nd wave shipment arrives, so I can have an accurate count of what minis I have and what sizes everything needs.

Cheers!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
Avatar
This is what I have in mind to use myself... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E3FKTO/?tag=article-boa...



It does ok w/ the first wave minis (not too cramped) so I suspect it'll work for most of them. Some of the larger ones will probably have to go into the space at the top. The one thing it is not going to work for though are the larger boards. So I was thinking about getting some sort of sleeve to either attach to the back of the box or just keep it w/ it that'll hold the larger boards.
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schell
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah I am a KS backer so i have a ton of stuff coming in wave 2

The planos are cool and I have seen some army case stuff that is pretty cool (could put an empty/open tray up top for the cards/tiles)

the foam core idea looks cool too

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I love that case fh, I use it for X-Wing and Sergeants Miniatures Game. Was thinking about using it for Myth, maybe in tandem with the Myth game box to hold the tiles.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fh13 wrote:
This is what I have in mind to use myself... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E3FKTO/?tag=article-boa...



It does ok w/ the first wave minis (not too cramped) so I suspect it'll work for most of them. Some of the larger ones will probably have to go into the space at the top. The one thing it is not going to work for though are the larger boards. So I was thinking about getting some sort of sleeve to either attach to the back of the box or just keep it w/ it that'll hold the larger boards.


This will be to small. I have a similar model I bought for Dreadball and it wasn't big enough for that and Myth has larger Minis.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
Avatar
I was able to get everything from the initial release into one of the drawers w/ a little room to spare IIRC (I loaned it to a friend to figure out so I don't actually have it right now). I only bought into the captain level w/ a few added minis so I'm hoping it'll all actually fit. I am concerned about some of the larger bosses but I'm hoping they'll fit in the top section. We'll see what happens if/when we finally get everything
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what we need: :-)



From Home Depot Link
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're not painting them (and since the miniatures aren't predominantly metal), don't bother with foam. I just store the unpainted miniatures in baggies in the main box, and use a plano box to organize the tokens. If you're on the cheap side, you can also go a craft store and browse through the bead and similar storage area and look for boxes which stack.

There *is* a UK-based foam storage KS, and I hear good thinks about KR storage. Maybe contact both of them and ask specifically about your Myth storage needs.
http://www.kickspy.com/projects/932371889/mantis-model-stora...
http://www.krmulticase.com/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Random Fleming
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pha3drus wrote:
This is what we need: :-)


No! If we start rolling in containers into conventions, I can see the cons charging a pass for both gamer and chest of drawers!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Taylor
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I'm wondering how a couple deep Plano 3700 would work for models, and even if the bosses would fit?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On a more serious note, there might be something this guy can do:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/819121569/tablewartm-mi...

and this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gspence/case-for-humani...

He's done a great job with Kingdom Death: Monster,


and


From

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-mon...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schell
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks again all

I think in the end since i am sealing the figures with Varnish (pretty durable for bouncing around) I will end up going with planos and card boxes and throwing it in a duffle bag (this is basically waht i do for magic decks atm and what i used to do for heroclix)

I have lots of planos left over from my heroclix so at least the cost will be effective. I love the idea of foam and cases but paying 100$+ to store the game is a bit steep. I was looking at this KS: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/932371889/mantis-model-...

But i would need to buy 2 cases to fit all of the minis i will be getting if i did my calculations correct.

For what i got in the initial release i have 2 low profile small planos (1 for tokens/hero minis one for the minions and captains. the cards go in an 800 count card box (including the item cards) and the loot bag, terror, tiles, and rule books are just loose in the box. I will take a picture of it later
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ziegler
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AlmostMeek wrote:
Thanks again all

I think in the end since i am sealing the figures with Varnish (pretty durable for bouncing around) I will end up going with planos and card boxes and throwing it in a duffle bag (this is basically waht i do for magic decks atm and what i used to do for heroclix)

I have lots of planos left over from my heroclix so at least the cost will be effective. I love the idea of foam and cases but paying 100$+ to store the game is a bit steep. I was looking at this KS: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/932371889/mantis-model-...

But i would need to buy 2 cases to fit all of the minis i will be getting if i did my calculations correct.

For what i got in the initial release i have 2 low profile small planos (1 for tokens/hero minis one for the minions and captains. the cards go in an 800 count card box (including the item cards) and the loot bag, terror, tiles, and rule books are just loose in the box. I will take a picture of it later


Here's a potentially cheaper option for foam that a lot of people have been using:

http://www.amazon.com/Feldherr-Storage-Box-180-miniatures/dp...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jfkziegler wrote:
AlmostMeek wrote:
Thanks again all

I think in the end since i am sealing the figures with Varnish (pretty durable for bouncing around) I will end up going with planos and card boxes and throwing it in a duffle bag (this is basically waht i do for magic decks atm and what i used to do for heroclix)

I have lots of planos left over from my heroclix so at least the cost will be effective. I love the idea of foam and cases but paying 100$+ to store the game is a bit steep. I was looking at this KS: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/932371889/mantis-model-...

But i would need to buy 2 cases to fit all of the minis i will be getting if i did my calculations correct.

For what i got in the initial release i have 2 low profile small planos (1 for tokens/hero minis one for the minions and captains. the cards go in an 800 count card box (including the item cards) and the loot bag, terror, tiles, and rule books are just loose in the box. I will take a picture of it later


Here's a potentially cheaper option for foam that a lot of people have been using:

http://www.amazon.com/Feldherr-Storage-Box-180-miniatures/dp...


Holy crap, that's perfect. I've been dancing around BattleFoam stuff for months for my 40K and other minis stuff but that's amazing. Sold. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Maim
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fh13 wrote:
This is what I have in mind to use myself... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E3FKTO/?tag=article-boa...



It does ok w/ the first wave minis (not too cramped) so I suspect it'll work for most of them. Some of the larger ones will probably have to go into the space at the top. The one thing it is not going to work for though are the larger boards. So I was thinking about getting some sort of sleeve to either attach to the back of the box or just keep it w/ it that'll hold the larger boards.


I use this exact box for my X-Wing miniatures ships. It's extremely useful.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
kelann08 wrote:
jfkziegler wrote:
AlmostMeek wrote:
Thanks again all

I think in the end since i am sealing the figures with Varnish (pretty durable for bouncing around) I will end up going with planos and card boxes and throwing it in a duffle bag (this is basically waht i do for magic decks atm and what i used to do for heroclix)

I have lots of planos left over from my heroclix so at least the cost will be effective. I love the idea of foam and cases but paying 100$+ to store the game is a bit steep. I was looking at this KS: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/932371889/mantis-model-...

But i would need to buy 2 cases to fit all of the minis i will be getting if i did my calculations correct.

For what i got in the initial release i have 2 low profile small planos (1 for tokens/hero minis one for the minions and captains. the cards go in an 800 count card box (including the item cards) and the loot bag, terror, tiles, and rule books are just loose in the box. I will take a picture of it later


Here's a potentially cheaper option for foam that a lot of people have been using:

http://www.amazon.com/Feldherr-Storage-Box-180-miniatures/dp...


Holy crap, that's perfect. I've been dancing around BattleFoam stuff for months for my 40K and other minis stuff but that's amazing. Sold. Thanks!


Donny, have you received this yet? Just wondering what you think.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Roschanski
Germany
Havixbeck
flag msg tools
@MM
I've got the larger of those boxes. They are from cardboard, so rather storage than carrying around.

The foam inlays are a bit less sturdy than Battlefoam, but okay. I store my Necron and Space marine 40k army in those. Also my Infinity and Mercs skirmish minis in the Mini Plus case from them.

They are not as good as Battlefoam, but reasonably good. They offer good value for money.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
Avatar
051276 wrote:
fh13 wrote:
This is what I have in mind to use myself... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E3FKTO/?tag=article-boa...



It does ok w/ the first wave minis (not too cramped) so I suspect it'll work for most of them. Some of the larger ones will probably have to go into the space at the top. The one thing it is not going to work for though are the larger boards. So I was thinking about getting some sort of sleeve to either attach to the back of the box or just keep it w/ it that'll hold the larger boards.


This will be to small. I have a similar model I bought for Dreadball and it wasn't big enough for that and Myth has larger Minis.


Actually everything fits [almost] perfectly w/ a little room to spare for the now 3rd wave of minis and any additions/future expansions (which at this point I'm not even sure I'll pick up). BTW I just got the basic captain level w/ only the other major player characters and the elemental boss add on (didn't get the agents or extra minions). The two biggest issues are; obviously the boards don't fit so I need to find something else to put those in. The second thing that may be an issue for some (I don't care) is the base on some of the larger models is a little larger than the depth of the containers. So when you close the lid it bulges up just a bit. This might be putting some pressure on the base of the model so I might have problems in the long run... we'll see. However it is not so bad that the containers don't fit in main case anymore. They just slide right in as normal and in fact there is room for the Darkness Board on top of the one of them.

The way I have it divided up is all the counters are in a smaller plastic container in the top section. The hero minis and accessories (inserts and what not) are in another plastic container. The hero/quest/equipment cards, rules and other misc paperwork balance out the top section. The first of the 4 containers contains the mini bosses and associated cards, along w/ the traps. There is extra room in this one, for example if I had gotten the other agents they would have fit. The next 3 containers each contain two of the other opponents; IIRC rats/orcs, undead/scorpions, and elementals/syclops. The bases are w/ the big bosses, in the larger section of the container. The cards for the two are in baggies (reused card sleeve ziplocks) in the 3rd large section. The two smaller rows in each container are divided in two w/ the captains on one side, and all the other minions mixed together on the other side.

I'll try to get around to taking some pics and posting them, but it might be awhile.

Anyway, if anyone is still looking for a storage solution, I can recommend this (given the two considerations mentioned above).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm now using one of those for Myth but I'm going at it a bit differently. I store the bosses and mini-bosses in the top large open section with bubble wrap. I don't want their bases putting pressure against the lid in the inside cases because I plan on painting them and don't want any of the paint to rub off.

In the first interior plano I have most of the tokens, treasure cards, and all of the player's minis and Marcus the Ready/Torchbearer.

The second plano has two minion types spread out in smaller sections, captains, and the lair. Third follows this pattern as well. The fourth stores the traps, agents, and other miscellaneous minis on smaller bases.

I may have to re-order and store tokens/player minis in the bigger inside at a later point to house the expansions that will come.

I store all of the tiles and player character decks inside the main game box along with the player boards and everything. I grabbed the tile supplement and slaughterfield supplement and the box is full to the brim and weighs a ton.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.