M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I can kind of understand that they want us to play with 2 Rock Star Bystanders while 3 were included in the game (because they included three copies of the same press sheet).

However, I don't understand why they want us to play with 12 Madame HYDRA cards, but printed 15. It would have been just as easy to print 4 per press sheet to get 12.

Does it really throw game balance off to have us play with 15 Madame HYDRA cards? (Or for that matter, 1 more Rock Star Bystander?)

Other than that, the cards look great and play nicely. I love some of the new mechanics -- others I haven't played yet. just got the game yesterday and played 1 game last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're supposed to play with 15 Madame Hydra cards and fifteen New Recruits. Total of thirty basic cards just like in the base game.

So play on!

Edit: I didn't realize the playmat says 12. Interesting. I've always used fifteen. No problems unless you're playing a five player game and everyone wants them for some reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rogue148 wrote:
So I can kind of understand that they want us to play with 2 Rock Star Bystanders while 3 were included in the game (because they included three copies of the same press sheet).

Does it really throw game balance off to have us play with ... (Or for that matter, 1 more Rock Star Bystander?)

I hadn't caught that before. It could make a minor difference if there's an extra bystander (who brings another with them) when dealing with League scores. I'll probably never remember to take the extra rock star out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
rogue148 wrote:

Does it really throw game balance off to have us play with ... (Or for that matter, 1 more Rock Star Bystander?)

I hadn't caught that before. It could make a minor difference if there's an extra bystander (who brings another with them) when dealing with League scores. I'll probably never remember to take the extra rock star out.

I imagine for the League we can overrule the general rules and just tell everyone to include all 3. The important thing there would be consistency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also think it is likely a typo about Madame Hydra because before the card lists with the 12 on it in the rulebook, page 5, it says "Use all the cards of each type." Which would be 15.

In the Bystander section it still says to only use 2 Rockstars, though, but I doubt I'm going to worry too much about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rathman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
I hadn't really paid attention to the playmat. As was said, 15+15=30 like the SHIELD Officers. I've yet to run into a situation where I wouldn't have enough Madame Hydras even with only 12, though, as I find I don't often want more than 2, so even 5 players would only use about 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only time I can see this making a difference is in the Crush Hydra plot. But not really enough to make me care. I'd say just use all 15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.