Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael arrived early, so I suggested that we play a 2-player game such as Reiner Knizia's En Garde. Michael was partial to Lost Cities, another Knizia title, however, so we began our quest to find the fabled cities.

In round 1, I found myself in the position wherein leading 5 separate expeditions seemed worthwhile. I usually don't pursue such an aggressive strategy, but the cards I received during the course of the round coerced me into this risky endeavor. Fortunately, it paid off handsomely and in spite of Michael achieving a 20 point bonus for having 8 cards in one of his expeditions, I built a comfortable lead, 77 - 32.

In round 2, I wasn't quite as aggressive, but still managed to successfully complete four expeditions, expanding my lead even further, 152 - 52. This allowed me to take some more risks in the final round. Although Michael scored 10 more points than me in the final round, it wasn't near enough to overcome my large lead.

Finals: Greg 196, Michael 106

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.