tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buz
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks pretty solid to me, but there is too much one-shot healing for my tastes. You've got three Wardens, but I might cut the Beorn Hospitality for a Self-Preservation. It's great on Gloin.

I'd also go up to 3 Steward (if you have multi-core) and a Celebrian's Stone for better early-game Willpower. Outlands can struggle to get going, and a Stone can help there. I'd do this at the expense of a few of your traps....with one Lore hero you'll struggle to put a ton into play, and without further Trap support like Forest Patrol or Faramir, I think it's just too many. (personal preference).

I'd replace with Gleowine for more draw, maybe a Master of the Forge to look for important attachments like Steward, or flip your Ithilien Pits for Ithilien Trackers. You may also go for some +ATT boosts like the Dunedain one.

Overall, though, looks like a solid deck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guðmundur B. Gíslason
Iceland
Kóapvogur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
buzhannon wrote:
It looks pretty solid to me, but there is too much one-shot healing for my tastes. You've got three Wardens, but I might cut the Beorn Hospitality for a Self-Preservation. It's great on Gloin.

I'd also go up to 3 Steward (if you have multi-core) and a Celebrian's Stone for better early-game Willpower. Outlands can struggle to get going, and a Stone can help there. I'd do this at the expense of a few of your traps....with one Lore hero you'll struggle to put a ton into play, and without further Trap support like Forest Patrol or Faramir, I think it's just too many. (personal preference).

I'd replace with Gleowine for more draw, maybe a Master of the Forge to look for important attachments like Steward, or flip your Ithilien Pits for Ithilien Trackers. You may also go for some +ATT boosts like the Dunedain one.

Overall, though, looks like a solid deck!

Thanks, ill have your tweaks in mind when I start to playtest it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you thought about using Elrond instead of Aragorn (he can also use resources to play allies from any sphere, plus, he is ridiculous with Warden of Healing)?

Instead of Sword That Was Broken you could then use Faramir (in fact, even if you stay with Aragorn, I would replace one of those with one Faramir).

Maybe Theodred would work better than Gloin? Or even Samweis (for his 3 Willpower).

I don't think you need Beorn's Hospitality and Lore of Imladris.
Gleowine would be a good idea for sure. Maybe A Burning Brand or two.

Also, where is Sneak Attack?

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guðmundur B. Gíslason
Iceland
Kóapvogur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Have you thought about using Elrond instead of Aragorn (he can also use resources to play allies from any sphere, plus, he is ridiculous with Warden of Healing)?

I had thought about that but I was drawn in to resetting the threat, but ill think about it, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.