9 Posts

Sail to India» Forums » General

Subject: Great game - lame name rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Lloyd
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Really enjoyed my first game of "Sail To India". Easy to learn - quick to play - lots of chrome. And cheap. It ticks all the right boxes. I got hammered by my opponents, but I'm looking forward to redressing the balance soon.

The only thing about the game that bothers me is the name. "Sail to India" is a bit prosaic. Perhaps it sounds better in Japanese? I'll bet it would sell better in the English-speaking world with a catchier title.

Can anyone suggest an alternate name that Mr Hayashi might consider rebranding the English version of the game with? "Navigador", "Age of Discovery" and "Vasco da Gama" appear to be taken. Perhaps there's a pithy phrase in Portuguese from the period that would work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chiu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kinda like the name. I thought of "Snakes on a Plane" when I first saw the game. More games should be named this way.

Run a Farm
Conquer a Country
Rotate Some Gears
Use a Spade
Ship Some Goods
Pass some Cards

All viable titles if you ask me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

Sea Route to India 1498
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Lloyd
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I was thinking something shorter/snappier. "Para leste" perhaps (which means, as far as I can tell "(sail) for the East" in Portuguese)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One More Cube
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Rains
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mighty Morphin Power Cubes: The Great Battle For India

Every time a cube is taken from Lisboa and turned into a banker, ship, etc. you get to exclaim, "IT'S MORPHIN TIME!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boonec wrote:
I kinda like the name.

I agree. And it's short enough to fit on the conveniently small box without shrinking the font to a size I can't read.

This is a a neat little game packaged very affordably. I hope more publishers will consider this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pas L
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Nothing will come of nothing.
badge
Speak again.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a great evocative name in my view.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.