flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

A few questions:

1) What kits/promos were available in different languages?

2) What is nationals and who has them?

3) Was the 2013 Gen Con tournament the USA Nationals, North American Championship, or North American Nationals? something else maybe?

4) My basic understanding is Store Championship -> Regionals -> Nationals -> Worlds. If you win Regionals dont you get a ticket to Worlds though? How does this work outside of the USA?

5) What are the full list of official promos for the following events:
(2012) Ice-Breaker Tournament [Gen Con]
(2012) Worlds
(2013) North American Championship [Gen Con]
(2013) Worlds
2012-2014 Any Nationals or official tournaments above regionals?

I am compiling a full database of all official swag and I appreciate the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1043366/anr-promotional-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep seen that, but none of the questions I asked are on that thread or at least not fully answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take a stab at the ones I can answer:

Glamdryn wrote:
1) What kits/promos were available in different languages?

No idea.

Glamdryn wrote:
2) What is nationals and who has them?

Pretty much what you'd expect. A single tournament per nation. Gencon is the US nationals 2014. The canadian nationals are being held the same weekend in Toronto. I believe the UK nationals have already happened. I haven't seen a consolidated announcement from FFG re: where these are held.

Glamdryn wrote:
3) Was the 2013 Gen Con tournament the USA Nationals, North American Championship, or North American Nationals? something else maybe?

2013 Gencon was US nationals last year. I don't know if any other "Nationals" events were held.

Glamdryn wrote:
4) My basic understanding is Store Championship -> Regionals -> Nationals -> Worlds. If you win Regionals dont you get a ticket to Worlds though? How does this work outside of the USA?

Regionals win gets you a 1st round super bye at Nationals. I've heard rumors that National wins outside the US come with a trip to Worlds, but I can not confirm or deny that. I'd expect it to be a super bye.

Glamdryn wrote:
5) What are the full list of official promos for the following events:
(2012) Ice-Breaker Tournament [Gen Con]
(2012) Worlds
(2013) North American Championship [Gen Con]
(2013) Worlds
2012-2014 Any Nationals or official tournaments above regionals?

2014 Nationals appears to be a playmat, some custom tokens, a trophy, a trophy and a messenger bag. See image:
http://i.imgur.com/inl4oO1.jpg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Explosive 6
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The UK nationals had a first place prize which included flight and entry to worlds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
A regionals win last year definitely got a BYE at Worlds. Has it changed this year in the States?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
Glamdryn wrote:
A regionals win last year definitely got a BYE at Worlds. Has it changed this year in the States?

Pretty sure that Chris Hinke's win in Boston only got him a bye to nationals, but perhaps he will correct me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Vandover
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Glamdryn wrote:

Yes, it changed. Last year a Regionals win gave a BYE to Worlds, this year it is to Nationals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Did all 2014 nationals get the same prize support? Were they all in English?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Promos that were printed in Polish:
- Crypsis and Melange Mining Corp
- Kate and Scorched Earth
- Datasucker and Adonis Campaign
- HB EtF and Wyldside
- Kati Jones

Promos to be printed in Polish:
- Jinteki PE and Aesop's Pawnshop (should come soon)
- Noise (I've heard that Polish Nationals will use a Polish language kit)

Generally all of those have quite small print run, as Poland is not that big and some shops order English kits or a mix of English and Polish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes Sörensson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Nordic Championship was held in Malmö, Sweden, last year and will be held there again in a couple weeks. It is considered a "Nationals", though it covers all the Nordic countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Iceland). First prize is a ticket to and bye at Worlds. I remember that last year's participation prize was alt-art PSF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Helms
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Hattes wrote:
The Nordic Championship was held in Malmö, Sweden, last year and will be held there again in a couple weeks. It is considered a "Nationals", though it covers all the Nordic countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Iceland). First prize is a ticket to and bye at Worlds. I remember that last year's participation prize was alt-art PSF.

To expand on this, it had the same prizes as the North American championship 2013, e.g. Private Security Force (english, different printing than the one used in the US. You can spot the difference if you have both). The playmat said "Nordic Championship Top 8" instead of "North American Top 16" and likewise the messenger bag said "Nordic Championship" instead of "North American Championship" - it was still the art of Blackguard on both, though.

And to answer anything else with what I 100% know:

1) Game Night Kit Season 1 and up were also available in German. GNK Season 2 (with Scorched Earth and Kate) and 3 (Adonis Campaign + Datasucker) were also available in Spanish. Don't know if GNK 2014 S1 and GNK Summer 2014 were also available in Spanish.

Store Championship 2014, Chronos Protocol, Regionals 2014 and Nationals 2014 also available in German.
Regionals 2014 also available in French.
Store Championship 2014 also available in Spanish.

3) North American Championship/North American Nationals. Both were used IIRC.

4)Correct. Regionals = bye at Nationals, Nationals = bye at Worlds, though.

5) 2012 Worlds + 2013 Worlds + 2013 North American Championship all available inthis thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.