Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Dominion: Prince Promo Card» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions regarding Prince rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just purchased the "prince" promo and have a few questionssorry if these questions were asked and answered in previous posts)

1. Could I possible have more than one Prince in play? So, have multiple action cards costing up to 4 in play for each turn.?

2. The action card, which costs up to four that is set aside with the Prince, is not played the turn it is set aside?

3. After the action card, which costs up to four, is set aside is played every turn after that, separate from the +1 actions allowed per turn?

4. If a player no longer wants to use the set aside action card, which costs up to 4, the card is discarded, and the Prince no longer can be used. Or, can it be discarded or used to set aside a future action card?

Thanks

Marc (Zugli)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes.
2. Correct.
3. Yes.
4. There is no option. You must play the set aside card every turn, and must set it aside every time you play it (if you can).
6 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Further, the card doesn't have to cost up to 4 when you play it, only when you set it aside the first time.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve L

Massachusetts
msg tools
Zugli wrote:
Just purchased the "prince" promo and have a few questionssorry if these questions were asked and answered in previous posts)

1. Could I possible have more than one Prince in play? So, have multiple action cards costing up to 4 in play for each turn.?


Technically, Prince is only in play for a relatively short period of time. When you play it, it is in play. If you choose to set it aside, it is no longer in play; if you choose NOT to set it aside, then it will be discarded at the end of the turn normally.

But yes, you can have multiple Princes set aside, each of which will cause the cards they set aside to be played at the start of your turn. If it matters, you choose the order in which those cards are played each turn.

Quote:

2. The action card, which costs up to four that is set aside with the Prince, is not played the turn it is set aside?


Correct. The start of your turn has already happened.

Quote:

3. After the action card, which costs up to four, is set aside is played every turn after that, separate from the +1 actions allowed per turn?


Correct.

Quote:

4. If a player no longer wants to use the set aside action card, which costs up to 4, the card is discarded, and the Prince no longer can be used. Or, can it be discarded or used to set aside a future action card?


None of the above. If the card set aside with Prince is not available to be discarded at the end of the turn (because it's a Duration card, or because it trashed itself, etc.) then Prince will no longer play that card at the start of each turn. In that case, the Prince is still stuck in "time out" (is still set aside) but he won't DO anything. He doesn't get to choose a different card to play.

You don't get to choose whether or not to play the card; if you did it would say something like "At the start of each of your turns, you may play that Action,..." Be careful if you Prince a card that forces you to trash a card from your hand.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.