Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Trenton
United States
Willoughby
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello all,
I'm new around here. Just finished up a PBF game and i'm a recent kickstarter backer of War of Indines remastered. PREFACE: I currently don't own devastation nor war. I'm using the wiki as a source of info.

I was looking over the backer's choice pages and i saw a key stat:

Merjoram Alexian
Fighting Style: Powerhouse

Lucidia Malephaise
Fighting Style: Beatdown

Alumis
Fighting Style: Control

Rheye Cal
Fighting Style: Zoner/Controller

These tend to be(more or less) unique one-two word describing the character's Style. I found these extremely useful to help determine what character i'd be most interested in.

I thought I'd bring this question to the board as to see if these stats exist somewhere(they don't on the wiki right now) for all the fighters.
It'd be really helpful to help describe in a nutshell 1/2 words that describe what they are good at.

It'd be even helpful for generics. Melee vs range. Although i'm not too sure if that's extremely relevant for battlecon as everyone can be melee and ranged thanks to the bases.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

BattleCON: Devestation inttroduced fighting categories that I've found to be very helpful, which include things like Controller, Disrupter, Counterattacker, etc.

I've discovered I'm a Controller. I love putting things on the board and manipulating the battlefield.

My friend seems to like Disrupters - people who excel at shutting down the enemy, usually through the use of high priority attacks.

There were about half a dozen categories, and it divided the characters into the different categories which made it real easy to say "I'll try this one next".

I also enjoy the little strategy hints on the character cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Green
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Paul Klee, "Tod und Feuer" (1940)
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 15 in the Devastation rulebook - http://www.lvl99games.com/freedownloads/BattleCON_Devastatio...

Also, if you go to page 44 there are profiles for each character with a couple of sentences about how they play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.