Caitlin Huxley
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb


This gal who plays in the Chicago meta did these on commission, after I was impressed with her Harmony Dead-Tech alter.

She hadn't considered selling her art, so I forced it on her. If you're interested in having her do others, she'd probably take more commissions.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks awesome!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Huxley
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Here's the Dead-Tech alter she did recently:

10 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Norwood
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Come visit me at GamerChris.com for all sorts of chewy, gamery goodness!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The flavor text on the Deadtech alter should read "Evolving a Deader You.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are illegal in tournaments though. Even the ID I think, because it doesn't show its full official name.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
There are illegal in tournaments though. Even the ID I think, because it doesn't show its full official name.


I wonder where the line is drawn.... i can play my signed Lukas scorched earth card.... if the original card in question is still a parasite, at what point does it become illegal?

But seriously, who cares? 90% of your play is non tournament anyway.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dawkins
United States
Fountain
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
There are illegal in tournaments though. Even the ID I think, because it doesn't show its full official name.


If Worlds last year are anything to judge by... unofficial card alterations (affecting flavor text and art - not card abilities) were not allowed for cards in your deck and were allowed for permanently face-up cards (faction cards in Star Wars, identity cards in Netrunner).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Huxley
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
There are illegal in tournaments though. Even the ID I think, because it doesn't show its full official name.


My understanding was that they would be tourny legal as long as they don't change the weight or feel of the card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That Harmony Dead Tech cad is super cool. She appears to be very talented. She should apply as an artist for FFG. Does she just paint over the original art on the card or is she creating an original card from a blank template? Either way it looks fantastic. Any idea what she charges per card?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Huxley
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Omahavice wrote:
That Harmony Dead Tech cad is super cool. She appears to be very talented. She should apply as an artist for FFG. Does she just paint over the original art on the card or is she creating an original card from a blank template? Either way it looks fantastic. Any idea what she charges per card?


1. She paints over the card, so it's an Altered Art not a Proxy (which is what makes it tourny legal, IMO)

2. The price depends on the detail you want. But for just for removing Parasite's borders she charged me $25 for a set of 3. I think she'd do $15 for an ID alter.

If you want I can PM you her contact info.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RedValkyrie wrote:
Omahavice wrote:
That Harmony Dead Tech cad is super cool. She appears to be very talented. She should apply as an artist for FFG. Does she just paint over the original art on the card or is she creating an original card from a blank template? Either way it looks fantastic. Any idea what she charges per card?


1. She paints over the card, so it's an Altered Art not a Proxy (which is what makes it tourny legal, IMO)

2. The price depends on the detail you want. But for just for removing Parasite's borders she charged me $25 for a set of 3. I think she'd do $15 for an ID alter.

If you want I can PM you her contact info.
.

Please pm, me the details

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Jester
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
"We have now sunk to a depth at which re-statement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."--George Orwell
Avatar
mbmbmb
RedValkyrie wrote:
Omahavice wrote:
That Harmony Dead Tech cad is super cool. She appears to be very talented. She should apply as an artist for FFG. Does she just paint over the original art on the card or is she creating an original card from a blank template? Either way it looks fantastic. Any idea what she charges per card?


1. She paints over the card, so it's an Altered Art not a Proxy (which is what makes it tourny legal, IMO)

2. The price depends on the detail you want. But for just for removing Parasite's borders she charged me $25 for a set of 3. I think she'd do $15 for an ID alter.

If you want I can PM you her contact info.


Caitlin, can you pm me her contact info too? Thanks so much for posting this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.