Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: McLoughlin Brothers vintage play set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Beth S
msg tools
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question but I recently bought an antique McLoughlin Bros Pretty Village play set from 1897. It's the deluxe set with all 17 buildings and the vertical picture on the top. I'm not sure if it's the way it was made but the box top panel I received has no sides like a regular board game top but just sits on top of the bottom section. If someone has one of these sets in the original condition, will you please send me some pictures from several angles of how the top is attached to the bottom as I'm thinking of having the box restored. I've been told there were some ribbon hinges that kept the top panel on but no one I've asked is completely sure. I can't seem to figure out how to attach my pic but I can send by email. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Davidson
United States
Bennington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Beth!

I'm not sure you'll find the information you need here. The focus here is more on playing board games that are still in print.

You'll probably find more information through the Association of Game & Puzzle Collectors.
http://agpc.org/games/

I'm familiar with the McLoughlin Brothers name... they were the Hasbro of the 19th century. But that's about all I know about them.

Good luck!
Drew Davidson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.