Popular Tags: [View All]
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey All,

I asked this question and got a response for those interested.

Rule Question:
Hello,

Can you please explain R7-T1s ability, 'Choose an enemy ship at Range 1-2. If you are inside that ship's firing arc, you may acquire a target lock on that ship. Then, you may perform a free boost action'.

Do you have to meet all the requirements before boosting or can you choose not to acquire a target lock (maybe you already have them target locked).

Are you able to boost if you are in range 1-2 but not inside a firing arc?

Thanks,

J

If a ship equipped with R7-T1 is at Range 1–2 and inside the firing arc of an enemy ship, the following sequence occurs: the ship equipped with R7-T1 may acquire a target lock on the enemy ship. Then, the ship equipped with R7-T1 may perform a free boost action, even if it did not acquire a target lock on the enemy ship.

Thanks for playing,

Frank Brooks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. So it's indeed the case that a ship with R7-T1 that is not in range 1-2 and inside a firing arc of an enemy ship cannot boost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumb question: does the ship with the mech also need to possess the boost ability in the first place to use this move, or would this allow for, say, a y-wing to get a boost action for free?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolono wrote:
Dumb question: does the ship with the mech also need to possess the boost ability in the first place to use this move, or would this allow for, say, a y-wing to get a boost action for free?

Thanks!

You don't need the boost icon so a Y wing is good to go (well assuming it's at range 2 and in arch of an enemy ship).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
How would R7-T1 work with Kagi around?

Couple scenarios (assuming you are at range 2 of another ship and in its firing arc):
Kagi is at range 3
Kagi is at range 2 but you're not in his arc

what happens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation: You choose the ship first, and then you can only lock onto the ship you chose. So Kagi doesn't interact with R7-T1, or rather, R7-T1 is a way to get around Kagi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
My interpretation: You choose the ship first, and then you can only lock onto the ship you chose. So Kagi doesn't interact with R7-T1, or rather, R7-T1 is a way to get around Kagi.
This is what I was thinking. Thanks for the confirmation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.