Subject: Franciscan Faction Ascendant revisited rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mateusz Wilk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I am just getting back to wargaming in general and to Navajo Wars. I was a playtester of NW at a very early stage (I was thrilled and surprised to receive a free copy after the game hit the shelves - thanks, GMT, you really rule!), but it's only now that I finally had the occasion to give it a spin.
I played through the tutorial from the playbook, wanted to keep playing when it was finished, but the Pueblo Revolt was directly followed by Franciscan Faction Ascendant, so the scenario ended. This has been described here (in another thread) as a very nasty turn of events resulting in an unlucky loss. But my (purely theoretical) question is: "Could I actually have used Good Medicine in order to skip the 10 VP check, consider the card as resolved and then proceed to determine victory as per 14.1.2?" Since the tutorial ends at 1 Morale, 5 Military and no cubes in the Subjugation of New Mexico box this would actually mean a Major Victory for the Dine. Am I wrong? (To quote Walter Sobchak...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
wilk wrote:
So, I am just getting back to wargaming in general and to Navajo Wars. I was a playtester of NW at a very early stage (I was thrilled and surprised to receive a free copy after the game hit the shelves - thanks, GMT, you really rule!), but it's only now that I finally had the occasion to give it a spin.
I played through the tutorial from the playbook, wanted to keep playing when it was finished, but the Pueblo Revolt was directly followed by Franciscan Faction Ascendant, so the scenario ended. This has been described here (in another thread) as a very nasty turn of events resulting in an unlucky loss. But my (purely theoretical) question is: "Could I actually have used Good Medicine in order to skip the 10 VP check, consider the card as resolved and then proceed to determine victory as per 14.1.2?" Since the tutorial ends at 1 Morale, 5 Military and no cubes in the Subjugation of New Mexico box this would actually mean a Major Victory for the Dine. Am I wrong? (To quote Walter Sobchak...)

That is perfectly legal to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Wilk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Nice to know that my reasoning wasn't just rule-lawyering. Of course, I immediately started playing again ("Rise of the Nation" scenario in progress now. I am amazed at how the game evolved (my early contact with Navajo Wars helped a lot, though, it all suddenly came back and the game goes smoothly without any problems with the rules). I am definitely waiting for your game on the Comanche.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.