Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://marvel.com/news/gear/2014/7/17/22885/marvel_dice_mast...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: OP Month 3 Prizes
That Wolverine looks very "Arthur Adams". Does it say who the artist is anywhere?

Yep. It is.

http://westcoastavengers.tumblr.com/post/57296928053/wolveri...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolvie brings up more questions. "Double your life", but not above 10. Does this mean that it has no effect if your life is above 5? Or if you use it when you're at 6-9 it brings you up to 10?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolverine:

So, if the effect does raise your life above 10:
A - the effect doesn't fire, and you stay at your original life total?
B - you gain the life, but cap at 10, and lose the excess.

It reads like A, but I hope it's B.

Deflection:

Kind of dull compared to the other OP Action rewards. Whereas I could include Teamwork or Rally in many decks, I would never use Deflection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stryyder wrote:
Wolvie brings up more questions. "Double your life", but not above 10. Does this mean that it has no effect if your life is above 5? Or if you use it when you're at 6-9 it brings you up to 10?
I think Wizkids should just post all the new card text here prior to printing so we can run them through the BGG QC program (Board Game Geek Quality Control).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Varishna Khisanth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1havok12 wrote:
Stryyder wrote:
I think Wizkids should just post all the new card text here prior to printing so we can run them through the BGG QC program (Board Game Geek Quality Control).

Agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shawn ely
msg tools
1havok12 wrote:
Stryyder wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not say the effect doesn't work if your life is 11+. Just double your life and if the total would be more than 20, it stays at 20.

I do not see this card needing any clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
It does not say the effect doesn't work if your life is 11+. Just double your life and if the total would be more than 20, it stays at 20.

Well, it mentions 10 on the card... so I don't know where 20 is coming from. So, this is either a typo from you, or you didn't read the card.

It also says: "This effect cannot raise your life to a value higher than 10"

This means if the effect won't raise you higher than 10, does the effect try to do as much as possible, raising you to 10, and ignoring the extra, OR does the effect not work it it would raise you higher than 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crambaza wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

Well, it mentions 10 on the card... so I don't know where 20 is coming from. So, this is either a typo from you, or you didn't read the card.

It also says: "This effect cannot raise your life to a value higher than 10"

This means if the effect won't raise you higher than 10, does the effect try to do as much as possible, raising you to 10, and ignoring the extra, OR does the effect not work it it would raise you higher than 10.

Oops. Sorry I meant 10 but answered in a hurry.

But my previous statement holds. It does not say that the effect fails if certain conditions aren't met.

He attacks, and you double your life, if it would be higher than 10, make it 10.

Otherwise it would read "if your life is 5 or less double it." And that would be unnecessarily restrictive and fiddly for a 7 cost card.

Just do what it says and don't and any addendums or qualifiers that aren't on the card.

Wolverine doubles your life but the limits capped at 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Stryyder wrote:

I'm thinking you double your life up to 10 total, so if you have 2 raise to 4, 3 raises to 6, 4 to 8, 5 to 10, 6 to 10, 7 to 10, etc., not eligible for life over 10.

I don't see why this is an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:
Stryyder wrote:

I'm thinking you double your life up to 10 total, so if you have 2 raise to 4, 3 raises to 6, 4 to 8, 5 to 10, 6 to 10, 7 to 10, etc., not eligible for life over 10.

Thank you! There are unquestionably some poorly worded cards in this game but this is not one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Renz
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
John85 wrote:
Stryyder wrote:

This is what I get from the card also

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
This is more crap wording from WizKids. I agree that the language seems to suggest that say, 7 life would be increased to 10, and almost 100% likelihood what they meant it to be, but that is not in fact what the card says. It says "double your life". Not up to double your life. Double. Then it says a value that it can't work above. That's a fine extrapolation to say that the card should work up to the point it can't, but that's still us making assumptions on a poorly written card.

The card should read, "When Wolverine attacks alone and your life is less than 10, double your life. If this effect would result in life exceeding 10, your life is 10."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Pepperell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhoratio wrote:
The card should read, "When Wolverine attacks alone and your life is less than 10, double your life. If this effect would result in life exceeding 10, your life is 10."

That is what it says, with less words. This card isn't confusing in the slightest; people are just trying to bitch about stuff now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhoratio wrote:
This is more crap wording from WizKids. I agree that the language seems to suggest that say, 7 life would be increased to 10, and almost 100% likelihood what they meant it to be, but that is not in fact what the card says. It says "double your life". Not up to double your life. Double. Then it says a value that it can't work above. That's a fine extrapolation to say that the card should work up to the point it can't, but that's still us making assumptions on a poorly written card.

"You double your life." That's pretty straightforward, whatever your life is currently at, double it. The next sentence specifies that the effect can't bring you over 10. It's pretty clear how it works, but some people will try to twist anything around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree the wording is fine. Instead of complaining about that I'll complain that no stores in my area are even running the OP's, meaning I haven't even had a chance to get OP1 stuff.

Why are these going on when the game is still so scarce? *sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just realized, with the new Wolverine reveal, the burst symbol on him is completely useless. No version of him references it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm guessing that while the burst may have been "planning ahead" for a future expansion (Uncanny?)--and I've also thought it might have been referenced on this card--the most likely explanation I've come up with is the most simple. From one of the designer diary posts:

Quote:
Some people may notice that a few of the characters have burst symbols on the dice and no burst effects on their versions. Was this part of Eric and Mike's 11th-dimensional Chess plan? (Much more fun than 10th-dimensional Chess because 11.) Maybe — or maybe we had to lock the dice down long before we locked down the character card abilities and maybe we had to strip out an effect after playtesting and didn't want to replace it with something completely untested at the last minute. Maybe some of them will have alternate versions later. It's a mystery. No, really — I asked Eric and he didn't know anything about it either, and I ended up having to explain the rules to 11th-dimensional Chess again.

From the designer diary here: http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/30410/designer-diary-dice-...

See also my thread re:Wolverine burst speculation here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/16036969

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Judnick
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OmegaDolphin wrote:
Agree the wording is fine. Instead of complaining about that I'll complain that no stores in my area are even running the OP's, meaning I haven't even had a chance to get OP1 stuff.

Why are these going on when the game is still so scarce? *sigh*

My local stores have ordered and received at least month 1 and month 2 OP kits, but are just going to start late because the two stores have only sold about 5-12 total copies between them, yet have at least twice that man y customers wanting to get the game when it become available.

I'd suggest you ask your store to order kits while they can, and delay the events until they get product. I've heard they are pretty cheap, so it seems like a solid investment from my point of view if I were running a game store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fwj_777 wrote:

My local stores have ordered and received at least month 1 and month 2 OP kits, but are just going to start late because the two stores have only sold about 5-12 total copies between them, yet have at least twice that man y customers wanting to get the game when it become available.

I'd suggest you ask your store to order kits while they can, and delay the events until they get product. I've heard they are pretty cheap, so it seems like a solid investment from my point of view if I were running a game store.

My did the same (although another in the area has been running constructed instead of sealed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.