United States
Highland
UT
flag msg tools
To play is human; to win, divine.
badge
There is no shame in losing, if you remain unafraid to play again. -Losers
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a list of everything you can get through Kickstarter that will not be included in the retail version of Dungeon Lords, Happy Anniversary, so far-

1. The Wooden Box. This is for people who want bling, and are willing to pay for it. ($80) The basic Kickstarter package does not include the wooden box. But, as has been noted elsewhere, the box is pretty sweet.

2. An additional progress board. Description from the Kickstarter page:

"One side has all the spaces and reminder icons for the Festival Season expansion, all on a single board. The other side has spaces and reminder icons for all variants of the game including two-player and the Minions Bearing Gifts mini-expansion. You still get the original board as well (including the Festival Season Combat Board Extension)."

Having 2 progress boards allows you to play without having to flip over from the progress side to the combat side of the progress board (which makes it easier to remember which spells you've looked at) and having a COMPLETE progress board means you can play expansions/variations without forgetting the additional gameplay steps.

3. New trap, event, and spell cards designed by Vlaada. From the KS page: "one or two new traps, spells, and events, carefully balanced to integrate well into the existing game."

4. New scoring sheet + scoring track . Description from the Kickstarter page:

"cardboard sheet that summarizes the scoring rules with icons, so it can be placed in the middle of the table for all to see. This will be double sided, with one side for the base game scoring and the other side for when you are using the expansion. We will also redesign the scoring track of the combat side of the progress board to make it more beautiful than it is now."

5. Glass damage counters, Evil-o-meter counters, and spell markers.

6. 5 mini-expansions and promo cards for other CGE games:

- 3 bonus pets for the Dungeon Petz game
- a bonus Messenger card for Last Will
- 2 mini-expansions for Tzolk'in

and 3 plastic containers to hold Dungeon Lords bits.

7. Imp T-shirt add-on ($15)

8. If you already own Dungeon Lords, there are pledge levels that will allow you to get only the new stuff. I doubt that option will be available at retail.

I think the additional, complete progress board, complete scoring sheet, and bonus cards are worth having, and I don't think retail savings (if any) will be significant, so I'm a backer. And I'm not going to say no to bling.

If everyone who wants the game buys through Kickstarter, the game will meet more stretch goals and will be that much better.

A link to the Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/532062403/dungeon-lords...

**Edited several times for clarification and to account for new stretch goals announced and achieved
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
The campaign isn't over. More stuff to add soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lam I Am
United States
Highland
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
The campaign isn't over. More stuff to add soon

Great! I'll update the original post as necessary.

Also, If I've missed anything, let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mini-expansions in item 5 aren't KS exclusives; you can, for example, buy them on the BGG store right now! (But yes, they don't seem to be part of the retail version of the anniversary edition.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lam I Am
United States
Highland
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
The mini-expansions in item 5 aren't KS exclusives; you can, for example, buy them on the BGG store right now! (But yes, they don't seem to be part of the retail version of the anniversary edition.)

Good point. I edited my post to clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new cardboard sheet with scoring rules and the new progress board are great and they are kickstarter exclusives. They are going to make the gameplay experience even better especially for anyone who enjoys the extra challenge of Festival Season and Minions Bearing Gifts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the extra trap, event, and spell cards are the the one really major kickstarter-only bonus, but that the kickstarter is worth backing for that alone. The 5-season progress board is also pretty sweet.

While I can certainly understand people choosing to wait for retail, for me these two exclusives are more than sufficient to make the kickstarter worth backing. Cheap shipping too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lam I Am
United States
Highland
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's becoming increasing clear that "If the $200K stretch goal is met..." should be "When the $200K stretch goal is met..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Y
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Has there been a comment on whether the retail will have the thicker cardboard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lam I Am
United States
Highland
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juffowup wrote:

Thicker cardboard is not listed as a Kickstarter exclusive, so I think it will be in the retail. Retail just may not include some of the new cardboard components - like the new progress board and scoring summary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
samlamiam wrote:
juffowup wrote:

Thicker cardboard is not listed as a Kickstarter exclusive, so I think it will be in the retail. Retail just may not include some of the new cardboard components - like the new progress board and scoring summary.
It's not supposed to have them.

I don't know what the new boards are supposed to be really but I know the old game have a season bord with the four seasons and a combat board. However if you add festival season you add another season for a fifth and another piece to the combat board.

I assume (though it doesn't really make sense why they would do that) (being able to redistribute components between game sets?) that it could mean that the retail version of the Anniversary edition get those same components whereas the Kickstarter backers get one which is five seasons long from the beginning (?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.