Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Manke
United States
Oakdale
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Will we have a good idea when pre-orders will end? I just want to make sure I get all my orders in before it's too late! I need that Yuggoth map!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably when they either ship or there are more preorders than the initial print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Robertson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The deadline will most likely be sometime in August. It may stretch into September but I would not bank on this. Be sure to take advantage of the pre-order system and upgrade any pledges you already!

Cthulhu Wars! Game responsibly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
We are closing down the ability of backers to up their pledge as of July 31st, which is also when we will no longer sell custom dice, first-player markers, and Gates from our website.

Backers will still be able to cancel their pledges for a full refund.

Pre-orders of expansions and games are still ongoing, and may never be shut down - instead they will just gradually slide into becoming "orders" instead of "pre-orders".

Sandy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So are the 20 custom dice and 22 plastic gates sufficient to play? I've got both on my pledge but am somewhat concerned that I may need more.
Going to break down and add on High Priest expansion, but be strong and not pick up another faction or a map... even though I have been looking longingly at Azathoth and the Yuggoth Map...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mendiola
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:
So are the 20 custom dice and 22 plastic gates sufficient to play? I've got both on my pledge but am somewhat concerned that I may need more.
Going to break down and add on High Priest expansion, but be strong and not pick up another faction or a map... even though I have been looking longingly at Azathoth and the Yuggoth Map...

They should be sufficient to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mendiola
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, factions and maps are your best values, especially as you get more and more of them. If there is anything you should refrain from getting, I'd say neutral monsters or Independent Great Old ones, as they're more for experienced players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian van Loenen
Netherlands
Hilversum
flag msg tools
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
We are closing down the ability of backers to up their pledge as of July 31st, which is also when we will no longer sell custom dice, first-player markers, and Gates from our website.

Backers will still be able to cancel their pledges for a full refund.

Pre-orders of expansions and games are still ongoing, and may never be shut down - instead they will just gradually slide into becoming "orders" instead of "pre-orders".

Sandy

Sandy,

I sent you an KS message (to the creator) today asking for a possible refund. Is that enough for you take it into consideration or do I need to sent it somewhere else?

Cris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
My minion (Lincoln) monitor the kickstarter messages and pass any on to me that I need to address. He should be sufficient to get you a refund.

20 dice is enough for all but the most ginormous battles. When weDO have one of those epic fights, we can pull off the battles by taking turns rolling the dice and remembering our scores. Also note that if you are a CDG backer (or better), you will be getting not only 20 normal dice, but 20 custom dice. Just keep the custom dice for yourself, and give the normal dice to your inferiors and you are good to go.

In theory, if Cthulhu had ALL his faction in a single battle, and a Shoggoth Absorbed ALL his cultists, deep ones, and brother shoggoth, he would need 47 Combat dice. The theoretical maximum for Yellow Sign is 20, Crawling Chaos is 19, and Black Goat is 23. hope no one will think the worse of me for not including 70 dice in the game.

22 Gates is enough for any 5 player game - the 5 player map has only 21 Areas, so if they are ALL filled with Gates you are in good shape. (We include 22 because in the Sleeper expansion, it is possible to have an additional gate off-map.) Also, if you are getting the plastic Gates you will receive not only 22 plastic gates, but 24 die-cut Gates so you will have enough Gates for two 5 player games plus a couple spares for coasters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered (or pre-ordered) both dices and plastic gates at greeneyegames.com.

However, until now the staus is processing. Is there anything wrong?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Processing means that we just need to ship it to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean that Fundall is still active? I upped my pledge to the highest level but orgot to pay si I thought that it was lost...if it is still available I will pay it today !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.