Kirk Rappe
United States
Mountlake Terrace
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just perused the additional rules booklet for Panzer Expansion 3 and was surprised to see so little written under Bocage. My understanding was that there would be new heights (level = 1) for bocage hedgerows and therefore limited spotting by vehicles, towed, and leg units. However, the rules only cover leg units.

Should we use the hedgerow rules from the original Panzer? I believe they are partial height like stone walls, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D S
Germany
Senftenberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No,they are height 1 even in the original rules and therefore block line of sight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirker wrote:
I just perused the additional rules booklet for Panzer Expansion 3 and was surprised to see so little written under Bocage. My understanding was that there would be new heights (level = 1) for bocage hedgerows and therefore limited spotting by vehicles, towed, and leg units. However, the rules only cover leg units.

Should we use the hedgerow rules from the original Panzer? I believe they are partial height like stone walls, correct?

Kirk I’m surprised too - it seems the entirety of the core rules for Bocage are provided in the line for “Hedgerows" in the TEC.

The Exp 3 Playbook simply allows leg units to dig in and remove the Hedgerow LOS blockage effect (both ways).

The TEC gives the "Bocage Country" (Hedgerows) a 1 level height.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Got this kind reply from Jim over at Consimworld:

Quote:
When leg units dig in, they don't make substantial holes in the hedgerow that alter the terrain in any lasting manner. This optional rule piggybacks on to the existing hedgerow rules from the basic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.