Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the email from NK this morning that the games are available for order!

Quote:
The wait is finally over – your copy of Fifth Column's Codeword Cromwell has arrived, and is ready for checkout. It is priced at $129.95, about a $20 discount from the direct order price after shipping and UK exchange rates.

And you can buy additional games all for the same $9.95 shipping. Great deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bedard
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received the same email. Very excited.

Now the struggle is not to add TOO many impulse buys to the cart. It's already a wee bit heavy in there because I've been having them stash the occasional game into it while I waited for Cromwell to arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Rocher
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
Current Holder of FITZ the Cursing Dice!
mbmbmbmb
Got my email from NK within the last hour, and ORDERED!!!

Please no more spoilers from the UK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if everyone who put in a preorder notification has in fact a copy reserved for them and that they have a time limit to place the order or lose it... Otherwise it would be first come first serve......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, we're not spoiling, just helping!

Still working on collated Q and A. Put it out very shortly - be good to get some definitive answers from Dan on a few things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Cooper
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The British have landed! Ordered!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Derek Long wrote:

Still working on collated Q and A. Put it out very shortly - be good to get some definitive answers from Dan on a few things.

That's certainly how I view it, appreciate you guys finding the errata and doing the work of putting the answers together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:
...after $130 for a single game. This had better be good!

Kevin,

I have this game. It is well worth $130 (not much more expensive than what I paid for it in the UK) and it will blow you away. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Regards,

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I guess if I had a do over, I should have went the NK route. Here you guys will have the game while I am still waiting for my January Fifth Column Games preorder to arrive...lucky stiffs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the Parcel Post mix-up is a bummer John, we feel your pain. Look forward to sharing comments once we all get it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Derek Long wrote:

You tell em Derek!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:
JP Falcon wrote:
Well I guess if I had a do over, I should have went the NK route. Here you guys will have the game while I am still waiting for my January Fifth Column Games preorder to arrive...lucky stiffs

If you have the funds, buy a NK one now... when the other arrives you could sell I'm sure for nearly all if not more than you paid.

Thanks for the tip and I just placed the order. The way I feel about Fifth Column Games right now, I still am not confident that I will be getting the game from them, despite the ackowledged mix up, because I never received a confirmation of shipping email even after this was suppossedly corrected. I will be requesting a refund from 5th CG if I do not receive the game in a couple more weeks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coomes
United States
Bowling Green
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto, as another 5th Column pre-orderer. I am not sure what the mix up has been, but the attention to those who ordered directly as early adopters has been very poor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluessendorf
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
The cause of, and the solution to, all of life's problems. - HS
mbmbmbmbmb

I received my Noble Knight order today! Although it helps only being about an hour's drive from them...

Let the invasion begin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Cooke
United States
Cedar Bluff
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I am one of those who, also, ordered directly from Fifth Column. To date, I have received no shipping notices nor any responses to my emails I sent them asking about the status of my order.

I will be asking for a refund also should my game not arrive in the next couple of weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I finally have a copy of Codename Cromwell thanks to Noble Knight games, and no thanks to Fifth Column Games. At least I can start reading these many threads about particulars of the game now. I also will be able to request a refund from 5CG knowing that I now have the game at hand....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JP Falcon wrote:
So I finally have a copy of Codename Cromwell thanks to Noble Knight games, and no thanks to Fifth Column Games.

Although Fifth Column Games obviously arranged for the shipment to Noble Knight.

Sounds like Parcelforce are to blame for the shipment of the direct orders. Which doesn't surprise me; their reputation isn't the best, although possibly the best of a bad bunch.

As for email communication, I don't know if that's down to Parcelforce or 5CG. I certainly received no notice for my shipment within the UK. And, not excusing lack of communication, remember that 5CG is a one man band, run by someone who has a day job or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who has played Where There Is Discord, and now three turns of Codeword: Cromwell, I can say that the common thread between them is "narrative." Playing WTiD, I felt like I was watching a gripping drama unfold every turn, and the same is happening with CC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coomes
United States
Bowling Green
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy from 5CG on Saturday. It is marked as dispatched on July 22, 2014. Not sure where it has been sitting all this time. I am glad that I don't have to go through the buy from NK and then get refund from 5CG. Am doubly happy to finally be able to play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.