Rich Hart
England
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello guys

A few of my buddies and I are designing a boardgame at the moment and we're looking for a site / resource to provide us with some simple flat pieces. Ideally what we'd like would be flat, matte finish counters that we could draw on ourselves with sharpies (for the prototype). Ideally they'd be die cut on a frame but pre-cut would be fine too.

Also: is there a website out there where you submit a design for counters and they print them for you?

We're all based in the UK so it'd need to be somewhere that ships there.

Help is appreciated! Many thanks. I'll tip GG for useful info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W Scott Grant
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For your prototype, I recommend visiting your local hobby shop and buy some thin wood strips that you can easily cut to size. Next, print out your tiles on regular paper (preferably with a color printer) and using standard rubber cement, glue the paper onto the wood. It's not perfect, but it works great for prototyping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fong
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
while you could use meeples or cubes, for prototypes, I would just do a print and cut for your personal playtest. you can even download a PnP with figure and just use those as a temporary pawn. if it's a local prototype, save your money, unless you're going to hand them out for other groups to playtest and then only if it's a final stages product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hall
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about poker chips?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Nyberg
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The FLGS in the town where I live sells plastic chips like those used in Axis & Allies. You can write on them with a marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lizzie
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” ― G.K. Chesterton
badge
A Hug a Day keeps the Doctor away!
mbmbmbmbmb
Spiele matereial are good for all sorts of bits and pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fong
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What type and size "Flat pieces" are you looking for? quantity and weight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Hart
England
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess ideally I'd like an inch by an inch but 5/8 would be fine. Quantity is as many as we can get. Weight....got no frame of reference.

Somewhere near Phalanx games quality would be nice but I'll take whatever we can get

Plastic poker chips and such look like the way to go at the moment though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.