Subject: Warping X_X rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boris Poletaev
United States
New York
flag msg tools
UPDATE:
Just like people said, simply having the boards sit out of the box with some weight on them for a few days fixes them.

---------------------------------------------
Played a session, but the game board warps like CRAZY.
I take it out of the box and the tiles are straight.
Soon the corners start to warp upward.
I flipped the tile over to lay it on the other side and in 10 minutes the board warped the other way, to warp the corners up again.

Any suggestions how to prevent it?
We played in a very air conditioned office, so humidity wan't crazy high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevyn James
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put a 20lb weight on everything for a couple days and now all is well. I know it is hard to set it aside as we have all waited for a while and just want to play, but that is how I fixed mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Francesco Neri
mbmbmb
classic poor quality china product...
See my comment posted long time ago here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/magecompany/machina-arc...

The cardborad seems made of chalk, it's limp, never seen an effect like this.... as it was full of humidity inside....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fortney
United States
Evansville
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was some definite warping with my boards a few hours after they were removed from the box, but within a few days they returned to normal with no pressing required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
terry chang
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i haven't receive mine yet
but if mine will warp as bad as yours, i will feel very upset.

any real solution to prevent this yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mine warped out of the box but went back straight. Then when we took stuff out and played the game two nights ago they warped again and stayed that way. It's so bad the game is unplayable now; the tiles look like bowls and everything slides to the middle and it was a dry, cool evening.

So yeah, don't buy this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Humidity is the real issue on a lot of boxes, I agree. It is unfortunate but understandable that you dismiss the game because of your bad experience with some of its components.
I would like to solve the issues with anyone having problems with their box, so if you please contact me, I hope we will return the hope (but only if you really like the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Francesco Neri
mbmbmb
One thing must be said. the dice are over the top. The size, the weight, and the carved sign (maybe done with laser) are the best i ever seen. Really top notch. I would like to know if even those were made in china....

After few day, where i left all the component open in an ventilated room (thanks to summer) thery are a little more sturdy. Now all the component have reach a sufficient quality. the trick was not play it until all the umidity inside is "vanished"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had my boards between paper towels for a day and then out in the air for a day. They're pretty much settled down now.

And yeah, the dice are pure ace. I love the design that looks like, your pick...
1) two people sitting at a table playing a game with two onlookers
2) two people, semi-kneeling, looking in awe at a tablet on a pedestal, with two pious figures chanting ominously
(Since it's Juraj's game, I guess we gotta go with #2 as the official answer.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Billups
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mine warped initially but after stacking them beneath the Thunderstone box while I was at work they are fine now. I've been playing a marathon game tonight and have had zero issues with the boards. The cards are bowing a little but it's not a big deal. My Zombicide boards did the same thing and i think they were actually worse.

One thing I will say about the MA boards is that the colors on some of them are really brilliant and have lots of contrast, while some of them in the same color scheme are really dull and flat looking. Anyone having the same thing? I'd say it's about fifty fifty on mine. Half look great, half look rather drab.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys - first... just let me say that the designer on this game is responsive and just as frustrated as me with the board issue. I am not angry with him, I just want to play this game.

I live in sunny CA with virtually no humidity so when I un-boxed my boards warped into the "bowl" shape others have mentioned. I have had over 20 pounds on them for over two weeks and they still will not flatten. They are warped to the point of being unplayable.

Has anyone tried anything dramatic... like the microwave fix? I was also thinking of leaving them outside for a day (covered and flattened) in the 100+ degree heat to see if that helps.

Any thoughts or alternative ideas/solutions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DON'T MICROWAVE.

It will ruin the finish on the tiles. I tried on a different game and ended up buying a new game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.